Gallery Associate / Employment
December 1, 2021
Organization Name: Patricia Rovzar Gallery
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
More Info: Leah Marlow email@example.com
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 10:30am-5:30pm
Occasional evening work is required (with plenty of advance notice) for
special events and projects.
Patricia Rovzar Gallery has a 30-year history in the Pacific Northwest. Known for representing a diverse roster of mid-career and established contemporary artists, PRG values our long-lasting relationships with artists, collectors, and enthusiasts. Through rotating monthly exhibition, the gallery works to share the passion and power of creativity because we recognize the importance of art in the spaces we inhabit and frequent; the ways it can create community, set a mood, tell a story, express personality and beautify spaces.
PRG is seeking a Gallery Associate. We are a small business, so job duties range widely and we all wear many hats, from interacting directly with clients and artists to changing light bulbs and painting walls. The Gallery Associate will be a supportive role to the owner and director of the gallery. This position will be responsible for the opening and closing of the gallery’s retail space on 1st Ave in downtown Seattle, inventory management, and keeping the gallery operations running smoothly, among other administrative tasks. The role will also entail assisting with installations, greeting and assisting clients, and other project-based liaising. Responsibilities will vary from day to day and week to week. This position has strong opportunity for growth and development with the right candidate. We value adaptability, commitment, warmth, kindness, high energy and creative thinkers for this role.
While no one candidate is expected to embody all the qualifications, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities:
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and strong time-management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication with a general comfort and ease in meeting new people and creating a warm, welcoming environment
• Strong sense of integrity, trustworthiness, and responsibility
• Able to work with limited supervision, as well as cooperatively in a small collaborative team
• Superior computer skills. Mac/Apple and Microsoft Office Suite required; Adobe Creative Suite preferred. General ability to easily navigate technology.
• Experience or willingness to learn best practices in art handling and installation
• Experience working with the public in the arts and/or in a high-end retail capacity is a plus
• Willingness to learn about represented artists at the gallery, including their technique and background
• Ability to lift 20+ lbs
Wage will depend on experience within the range of $22-25/hour.
Please forward a resume and cover letter that demonstrates your writing skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume should include information specific to the tasks described above. All candidates will be considered.