Gallery Preparator / Employment
August 1, 2022
Organization Name: Foster/White Gallery
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Foster/White Gallery is hiring for a full time member to join our Preparatory Team.
We are looking for an energetic, warm and engaging personality to hang gallery exhibitions, pack and crate artwork, install works in client’s homes, and maintain the collection and gallery.
Other responsibilities include facilitating the shipping of artwork, gallery lighting, as well as maintaining relationships with discerning collectors based in Seattle and around the world.
– High level of professionalism and maturity
– Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure
– Good communication skills with colleagues as well as clients and vendors
– 3 – 5 years art handling experience in a museum, gallery or similar environment
– Working knowledge of hand, power and stationary tools
– Logical thinking and problem solving skills
– Heavy lifting ability (50 lbs)
– Comfortable working on a ladder
– A valid driver’s license; ability to drive a trailer a plus
We welcome you to stop by the gallery with your resume and a cover letter.
Our address is 220 Third Avenue South in Seattle. If coming by in-person is not feasible for you, please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume.
Our hours are, Tues – Sat. 10 – 6 pm and 8 p.m. and slightly later on the First Thursday of every month for the Pioneer Square Art Walk.
Please no phone calls.