Graphic Designer (Part Time) / Employment
April 11, 2022
Organization Name: Henry Art Gallery
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
The Graphic Designer works on a wide range of print and digital projects with a creative eye, while maintaining and reinforcing the museum’s brand. The position is part of the communications team at the Henry, with supervision from the Lead Designer. The Graphic Designer works collaboratively across all departments, including curatorial, development, and administration. This position is ideal for candidates with a solid graphic design foundation who are looking to work in the creative field.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
The Henry acknowledges the historical structures and social dynamics that have continuously oppressed communities of color, and we acknowledge our part in institutional racism. We also acknowledge that we are situated on the land of the Coast Salish peoples.
We are actively committed to racial equity and to building a strong foundation of inclusivity and awareness in all we do. We value discourse that brings forward voices and positions that have been — and continue to be — oppressed. We do not tolerate hate speech or actions.
We recognize that we are in the process of embodying these values across our exhibitions, programs, and operations; this is our ongoing work.
The Henry Art Gallery is a part of the University of Washington. For more information about race and equity at the UW, see washington.edu/raceequity.
SPECIAL NOTE: All Henry employees, as University of Washington affiliates, must provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or declare a medical or religious exemption. This is in accordance with Governor Inslee’s proclamation 21-14.1.
STATUS: Part-time, FLSA non-exempt, non-benefitted
HOURLY RATE: $30/hr
SCHEDULE: 19 hrs/week, Tuesday – Friday
REPORTS TO: Lead Graphic Designer
• Assist Lead Designer with a range of design projects, including but not limited to:
o Exhibition graphics, such as identity concepting for promotional campaigns; in-gallery materials including wall text, object labels, and interpretive materials; exhibition publications; print and digital ads; and more
o Wayfinding, including front desk and gallery signage as well as exterior signage
o Digital assets such as resizing of images for the website and the creation of GIFs and short videos for social media and e-newsletters
o Website updates and development of microsites
o Support of design needs across all Henry departments. This may include projects such as membership materials, annual reports, and more
• Serve as sounding board for and provide creative input on visual assets and the Henry brand in general in collaboration with the Lead Designer
• Participate in and contribute to team meetings to meet departmental and organizational goals
• Other duties as assigned
· 2-4 years of professional graphic design experience
· Comfortable juggling a wide range of projects at any given time
· Fluent in Creative Cloud applications, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
· Able to produce high-level work while meeting deadlines with quick turnarounds
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Passion for art and creative pursuits
· Experience with video production and editing
· Experience with Mailchimp and Asana
· Familiarity with numerous production and printing methods
· Experience working in a creative environment
APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio showing 3-5 work samples of recent work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received by April 11, 2022 will receive priority consideration. No phone calls, please.