Great Wall – Redmond Senior & Community Center / Calls & Submissions
March 4, 2022
Organization Name: City of Redmond
Organization Location: City of Redmond
Type: Calls & Submissions
The City of Redmond is seeking an artist or artist team to design, fabricate and install site-integrated artwork for the Redmond Senior & Community Center. The selected artist/artist team will be asked to create a permanent artwork that highlights the innovation, creativity, and diversity of the City Redmond. The artist/artist team will work directly with the City of Redmond’s Cultural Arts staff.
Name: Public Art, Great Wall at Redmond Senior & Community Center
Location: Redmond, WA
Budget: $65,000 total for design, collaboration, fabrication, installation and expenses.
Deadline: March 4, 2022 Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. (PST)
Timeline: Estimated Schedule – City of Redmond reserves the right to alter these dates
• January 21 2022: Call opens
• March 4 2022: Submission deadline
• Week of March 14, 2022: Selection panel
• March 18, 2022: Finalist selection announced
• April 22, 2022: Finalist proposal deadline
• Week of April 25, 2022: Finalists present proposals to selection panel
• May 13, 2022: Artist selection announced
• Q3, 2022: Final Design
• Q3, 2022: Redmond Senior & Community Center construction begins
• Q4, 2023: Redmond Senior & Community Center construction completion
The artwork for the large two-story Great Wall site will invite residents to engage in and enjoy their community. The Artwork can be wall-mounted and will be visible at walking speed, ground level, and from the second floor. The Artist Selection Panel is also open to the potential for the artwork to be suspended. A suspended piece would need to visually connect the upper floor with the ground level below. This artwork should welcome a range of viewing perspectives and encourage interaction between visitors.
Calls & SubmissionsPublic ArtRedmond