Harris Harvey Gallery, Seattle / Seeks Gallery Sales Assistant
January 1, 1970
Harris Harvey Gallery is the new face of Lisa Harris Gallery (established 1984) and a member of the Seattle Art Dealer’s Association. With a tradition of championing artists of this region, Harris Harvey Gallery represents contemporary artists based on the West Coast – with particular emphasis on the Pacific Northwest. Located in Downtown Seattle, the gallery maintains a lively exhibition program with monthly exhibitions and participates in the First Thursday Art Walk.
Gallery Sales Assistant
Harris Harvey Gallery is looking for a personable, enthusiastic self-starter to spearhead art sales and cultivate client relationships. The primary focus of this position is generating sales and providing customer service in a commercial gallery setting. Additionally, duties include, but are not limited to, assisting gallery staff with administrative tasks, public relations efforts, inventory management, social media presence, art installation, gallery upkeep, shipping, and working with a group of 28 represented artists to plan exhibitions.
- Motivated, professional individual with an interest in fine art
- Finely developed interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to share your enthusiasm for art with a wide range of people
- Prior sales experience is required and art sales experience is preferred
- Comfortable answering client’s questions about works of art and selling high-end pieces
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and effectively juggle multiple projects
- -Willingness to assist in all functions of running a gallery
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience with art sales in a commercial gallery
- Experience with image editing and graphic design projects (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Degree in Art History, Fine Art or relevant field
- Experience with social media management in a professional setting
- Experience in art handling
Position schedule is Tuesday – Saturday, 10:30 – 6. Additional hours required for occasional events and monthly First Thursday openings. To apply please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Gallery Director Sarah Harvey. Hourly wage is commensurate with skills and experience.
Job Type: Full-time www.harrisharveygallery.com