Individual Giving & Events Manager for Coyote Central / Employment
March 31, 2023
Organization Name: Coyote Central
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Development Director
40 hrs/wk; Exempt
Salary: starting at $62,000- $67,000
Desired Start Date: early May 2023
Location: hybrid schedule with at least 3 days in the office
Benefits: Medical, vision, and dental fully covered by Coyote’s health insurance plan; 2% company contribution to a SIMPLE IRA account (independent of any employee contribution); 20 days/yr PTO to start plus up to 40 hr/yr rollover; 10 paid holidays each year plus two weeks of company closure; 3 days of paid community service leave; Up to 8 weeks paid Coyote Family and Medical Leave
Coyote has a 30+ year reputation of putting professional tools in the hands of young folks, inspiring them to discover just what they are capable of! The Individual Giving and Events Manager is responsible for supporting Coyote’s annual giving efforts and leading fundraising and stewardship events throughout the year.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
– is a self-starter, with a proactive attitude and enjoys working collaboratively
– has strong event, project management, planning, and coordination skills
– can communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a diverse group of folx
– has demonstrated relationship-building skills to cultivate networks
– can successfully communicate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and maintain confidentiality.
– has an awareness of Community-Centric Fundraising principles.
We are looking for someone with the following experience:
– at least 2 years of experience in event planning
– at least 1 year of experience in fundraising, including using a CRM database and email marketing platforms
– at least 2 years experience in roles that centered communication and relationship building
Stewardship, Cultivation, & Campaigns (50%)
– Collaborate with the Development Director (DD) and Communications Manager (CM) to design and implement targeted individual giving campaigns
– Manage and grow the individual giving program, including the monthly giving
– Work with DD and CM to produce fundraising communications, including the annual report, online and social media appeals, e-blasts, and direct mail campaigns, and take lead on 4-5 mailings per year
– Collaborate with DD and CM to develop and implement strategies for year-round donor cultivation and stewardship
– Spearhead stewardship of mid-level donors, including through special events, in-person meetings, phone calls, emails, and letters
– Take lead on setting up and maintaining Kindful, including donation forms, events, and peer-to-peer pages
– Use the CRM database to track activities and pull reports, maintain accurate and complete development and donor data, and track progress on individual giving goals
– Manage volunteers to help with distribution and mailing for print campaigns
– Act as the point of contact for donor questions
Fundraising Event Planning (40%)
– Work with DD to develop special events strategy, including execution/production of up to 10 events each year with the help of other Coyote staff, Board members, and volunteers
– Serve as primary contact in engaging members of the Board in the planning, preparation, guest outreach, and hosting of all fundraising events
– Plan and lead income-generating strategies for fundraising events, including sponsorship and underwriting solicitation, peer-to-peer solicitations, ticket sale strategies, and other event-related in-kind donations
– Ensure that all Coyote fundraising events have an element of youth involvement and/or art in its program, in coordination with the Program Managers and Engagement Managers
– Manage all elements of event communication, including invites/tickets and RSVPs, guest questions, event volunteer management, thank you’s
– Work with Finance & Administration Director to coordinate event logistics, such as venues, catering, and rentals
– Track all event communications in donor database
– Work with the Board’s Development Committee to support Board-led events
Gift Processing & Acknowledgements (10%)
– Process all donations using the Bloomerang donor database
– Maintain automated receipts, including mailing receipts when necessary
– Coordinate the gift acknowledgment process, including preparing and sending thank you cards as necessary
– Support Development Director in reporting on existing grants and formatting new applications
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete our online application (includes a spot to upload your resume) by March 31.
ABOUT COYOTE CENTRAL
MISSION: Coyote sparks creativity in young people, putting tools in their hands to build skills and forge their futures.
VISION: An equitable world powered by curiosity, creativity, and collaboration.
YOUTH IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT: The heart of what we do. We count on self-reliance to fuel curiosity and creativity.
FEARLESS EXPLORATION: We trust the process of taking creative risks. There is no one path and no one right answer.
REALIZING POTENTIAL: We rely on challenges and high stakes to encourage surprising outcomes and self-discovery.
EXPERTS AND BEGINNERS SIDE BY SIDE: We thrive in collaborative spaces where everyone is an equal partner in learning.
MAGNETIC CONNECTIONS: Our collective success is built on listening, powerful relationships, and igniting one another’s strengths.
HAVING FUN: Creativity is contagious. Spread the joy.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Coyote strives to lead with equity in everything we do. We acknowledge that our communities have been adversely affected by longstanding white supremacy and privilege, creating barriers in access to creative opportunities for low-income communities, immigrant and refugee communities, and communities of color. We aim to dismantle these barriers by engaging diverse voices in our decision- making processes and continually pursuing new knowledge about equity. We approach our equity work with respect, humility, and accountability, and with an organization-wide commitment to doing better.