January 2023 Exhibition Proposals at Well Well Projects / Calls & Submissions
November 28, 2022
Organization Name: Well Well Projects
Organization Location: Portland, OR
Type: Calls & Submissions
Well Well Projects in Portland, OR is excited to announce an Open Call for Exhibition Opportunity! We will be accepting applications for a 2-5 person group show during January 2023. The exhibition will run January 7-29 with an opening reception on Saturday, January 7th. Curators and emerging and mid-career artists are eligible to apply. All mediums will be considered.
Apply by email!
Well Well Projects is accepting applications for 2-5 person group exhibition proposals. We’re looking for proposals that are well organized, include high-quality documentation of the artwork, and show a strong thematic and conceptual through-line.
There is an application fee of $25. All fees support our artist-run space!
Selected guests are expected to arrange for their installation and de-installation, and gallery sit for the opening and closing weekends. Upon acceptance, the works must be ready and available to exhibit in January 2022. Works do not necessarily need to adhere to traditional exhibition standards of being framed, but they must be ready for install upon delivery to the gallery. The exhibition will run for the 4-week duration of January.
Well Well Projects directors will select the exhibition. The selected proposal will be supported with a Saturday reception, show title vinyl for the outside door, professional photo documentation, a dedicated exhibition page on our website, promotion on our social media, the option of hosting a gallery talk (virtual or in-person), and gallery install supplies.
Please note, we will only consider applications wherein at least one participating artist currently lives inside of a 120-mile radius from Portland.
ABOUT WELL WELL PROJECTS
Well Well opened its doors in January 2021 with the intent of giving artists gallery representation and enriching our home base in the Oregon Center for Contemporary Art (formerly Disjecta). We aim for this space to serve as a launchpad for artists while open calls and other opportunities seek to reach a wider audience that expands outside the Pacific Northwest region.
Art exhibitions serve as an important foundation to the gallery space, and programming seeks to vary the ways in which Well Well Projects interacts with the Portland community and beyond. We wish to remain mindful of the fact that our community extends beyond the region, and that by providing opportunities for non-member artists we are improving their careers while also expanding the scope of what is shown in our region.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit via Email to: email@example.com
Email subject should state: Submission for January 2023 Open Call
Submissions should include a Single PDF attachment containing the following:
– Contact Information (designate one artist to serve as the main point of contact)
– Proposed Exhibition Title
– Exhibition Description (limit 500 words): Provide a statement describing the concept of your proposed exhibition.
– Biography of artists
– Artist Resumes: Upload the resumes of all artists included in the exhibition.
– Up to 10 Work Samples: Images must be of the actual work to be included.
– Image Descriptions: Provide any contextual or technical information related to your work. Include artist name, title, year, media, and dimensions for each image. For video/audio work, upload one still per artwork and provide a YouTube or Vimeo link in details.
– Payment confirmation: All payments must be submitted by PayPal, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must include the name of the main point of contact in the memo field.
– Call Opens September 24th, 2022
– Call Closes November 27, 2022 (11:59pm PST)
– Notification of works accepted/declined by December 4, 2022
– Install is January 2-6, 2023
– Exhibition January 7 – January 29, 2023
– Opening reception January 7, 2023, 5-8pm
– Deinstall is January 29 after 5pm to January 30 end of day
At least one participant must reside within 120 miles of the greater Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA metro area.
All mediums and genres are encouraged to apply
DETAILS ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
– Well Well Projects can provide some a/v equipment upon request.
– Well Well Projects does not handle the sale of artwork. Individuals interested in purchasing work will be directed to contact the artists or curator directly.
– Artists are responsible for delivering work to/from the gallery.
– Artists are responsible for install/de-install.
– Artists must be present at the opening reception on Saturday, January 7 from 5-8pm and are responsible for opening and closing on the night of the opening.
– At least one artist from the group must gallery sit the first and last weekend of the exhibition.
– Gallery hours are Sat-Sun 12-5pm.
Exhibition Dates: January 7-29, 2023
Install: January 2-6, 2023
Opening Reception: 5:00-8:00pm January 7, 2023
Deinstall: January 29 – January 30, 2023
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
Applications will only be accepted via email. No physical application materials will be considered.
Applications must be received by Saturday, November 27, 2022 – 11:59pm (PST)
Payment confirmation must be included in the application.
Notifications will be sent out no later than Saturday, December 4th, 2022 – 11:59pm (PST)
Artists not accepted for this exhibition will be considered for future exhibitions and may have their work promoted on Well Well’s social media.
Thank you for your interest in Well Well Projects! We look forward to your application.
Calls & SubmissionsOregonRFP