Jewelry/Metals Access Coordinator / Employment
November 5, 2021
Organization Name: Pratt Fine Arts Center
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
This part-time stipend position works with the Jewelry/Metals Technician, Jewelry/Metals and Sculpture Studios Manager, and new Access Users. This position reports primarily to the Jewelry/Metals and Sculpture Studios Manager. The primary responsibility is the administering of access card orientations & tests for jewelry/metals artists. The coordinator will need to assist students in determining their level of proficiency as part of the access procedure. Must be able to clearly communicate technical information to Access Users while maintaining a safe studio environment. Commitment to fostering a universally welcoming and respectful environment, with centering racial equity as Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a core value at Pratt.
Pratt Fine Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Preferred candidates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of systemic oppression and the ability to apply an anti-racist lens to all work at Pratt. Black, Indigenous & People of Color (BIPoC) are encouraged to apply.
● Schedule Access Orientation & Tests at Pratt in timely manner
● Perform Access Orientations & Tests for new Access Users
● Track Hours & Forms for Access Users
● Strong organizational skills
● Prior experience teaching metal smithing classes and workshops
● Broad knowledge of wood-related topics, trends, processes, and skills
● Familiarity with the Central Area, local arts organizations, or related institutions
● Experience in Jewelry Studio or Shop Setting
● Competence in serving diverse populations
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
● Responsible & Puts Safety First
● Experience Teaching or Mentoring
Compensation: $32/hr. *starting November 2021. Also includes generous in-kind benefits in the form of class registrations and studio access.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Jewelry/Metals and Sculpture Studios Manager, Monica Street at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or drop-ins please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, political affiliation or veteran
status in employment, membership or educational programs and activities. Furthermore, Pratt Fine Arts Center is committed to retaining a racially diverse team. Black, Indigenous, & People of Color (BIPoC) are encouraged to apply.