Juried Exhibition “Shifting Tides” Art Work for our Ever-Changing Times / Calls & Submissions
The Columbia City Gallery is pleased to announce a Call for Entries for its 14th Annual Juried Exhibit. Jurors for the exhibit are June Sekiguchi, artist/curator, Asia Tail, artist/curator and Inye Wokoma, artist. The exhibit will run from August 11 – September 19, 2021
Artists in all media (2D, 3D and video) are encouraged to submit artwork completed within the past three years that reflects the theme, Shifting Tides: Art that Speaks to our Ever Changing Times. $500 will be awarded to the First Place submission and $250each for both Second and Third Place submissions.
For a $25 entry fee, you may submit up to 3 pieces of artwork for consideration. We are accepting entries via Café (callforentry.org). You may upload 3 images of all 2D/3d artworks and up to 2 videos per entry. The entry fee can be paid online through PayPal or by mailing a check or money order payable to the Columbia City Gallery. Your entry is not complete until payment is received.
• Entry deadline is June 25, 2021 at midnight PDT
• Notifications emailed by July 5
• Accepted artwork must be delivered on August 9 before noon
• Artists’ Reception and Awards Ceremony, August 18 (5-7pm) if possible
• All (unsold) artwork must be picked up on September 20
• All artwork in the exhibit must be for sale; the gallery takes a 50% commission on works sold.
• The artist agrees that images of artwork may be used in publicity materials.
• If you cannot deliver your artwork, shipping costs are your responsibility. A pre-printed shipping label for return shipment must be included with your work.
• The Gallery reserves the right to reject work that is not represented accurately in the image or that arrives damaged, poorly constructed or poorly presented.
• 2-D works must be properly prepared for exhibition with wire securely attached. Sculpture must be able to stand on its own without wobble. Video installations equipment needs can be discussed. We have some projection capabilities.
• Each accepted work must arrive with an id label with your name and artwork title securely attached to the back of frame or bottom of sculpture.
Questions: betsyf@ColumbiaCityGallery.com or 206-760-9843