Marketing Coordinator / Employment
February 28, 2022
Organization Name: Pilchuck Glass School
Organization Location: Stanwood, WA
Full-time, year-round exempt status
Pilchuck Glass School (PGS) is an international center for glass art education. Our serene campus in Stanwood, Washington is nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the middle of 15,000 acres of a working tree farm. PGS is located an hour north of Seattle and maintains an administrative office in the city’s historic Pioneer Square.
From May through September every year, our summer and fall program offers a series of courses as well as residencies for established artists in all media. Summer sessions vary in length and offer concurrent courses in a variety of glass working processes for artists of all skill levels. Small classes taught by world-renowned artists and instructors emphasize experimentation and teamwork while fostering individual initiative and expression. PGS also offers residencies for both emerging and established artists during the fall and spring. Increasingly, PGS is introducing new programming to populations that have traditionally lacked access to this type of educational experience.
Additional information available at pilchuck.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reports to: Director of Marketing
The Marketing Coordinator will be an integral part of the organization’s Marketing Department based on campus in Stanwood, WA. They will support the Director of Marketing to promote Pilchuck’s programs and mission through the creation of compelling digital content, multi-channel storytelling, and printed materials. The Marketing Coordinator will work cross-departmentally with both the Development team located in the administrative office in Seattle, WA and the Program team located on campus. They will attend staff meetings, as well as programs and events held in the Seattle office. This position allows for some flexibility, but candidates must be able to work from campus at least 2 days per week (more while programs are in session over the summer and early fall). The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in glass and arts education, strong writing and visual communication skills, and an eagerness to embrace the ever-evolving potential of the digital landscape.
This is a full- time position. Compensation will range from $45,000 to $55,000 (DOE) with standard benefits package, retirement eligibility after 6 months, vacation, and sick leave.
• Act as primary support to the Director of Marketing to grow awareness, maintain engagement, and drive growth for Pilchuck Glass School
• Create lively and varied written and visual content for frequent updates to Pilchuck’s social media channels. Assess new opportunities, platforms, and communities online.
• Maintain the Pilchuck website and work across staff teams to update website content and presentation. Contribute to website strategy.
• Develop engaging longer-form content for Pilchuck’s blog and newsletters, including through the use of archival photos and video, artist interviews, and more.
• Collaborate with the development team to engage our Auction & Gala artists and attendees via regular newsletters and social media posts
• Work with the programs staff to support enrollment, promote workshops and residency opportunities, and document on-campus programs through photography, video, and written storytelling
• Assist and/or lead copywriting, editing, and proofreading on print and digital materials
• Use Pilchuck’s brand guidelines to maintain brand identity and integrity across all channels
• Assist with photo documentation, digital exhibitions, virtual programming, and retail promotion
• Help monitor and track performance of marketing programs, including through Google Analytics
• Collaborate with internal teams and community partners on mutual projects
• Other duties as assigned
• At least two years of experience working in electronic media, editorial work, advertising, and/or general marketing
• A self-starter who thrives in a vibrant, fast-paced environment and is able to juggle multiple responsibilities and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal communication, writing, and editing skills, including experience creating engaging, narrative writing. Strong grammar and attention to detail is a must
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of diverse teams
• The ability to work independently to prioritize tasks, organize information, and manage time
• A high level of comfort with computers and familiarity with word processing software, spreadsheets, file sharing applications, etc.
• Digital photography and/or video skills. Experience with photo and video editing software such as Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Premiere is a plus.
• Basic graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
• Some experience with website maintenance and basic HTML (extensive coding skills not required)
• Familiarity with email management programs (Mailchimp preferred)
• Comfort with learning and adapting to new technologies and software, including finding and consulting online resources to problem solve
• An interest in the ever-evolving landscape of communication, social media, and marketing
• Enthusiasm for Pilchuck’s mission, programs, and community
• Must have close vision to read and write on paper, computers, and mobile devices
• The ability to walk and ascend and descend stairs and ramps in the office and on campus
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis starting February 7, 2021, with the last day to apply February 28, 2022. Email resume, cover letter addressing relevant experience, three samples of your writing or content creation, and contact information for three references to Donna Davies, Deputy Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should say “Marketing Coordinator, [Your Name].” All attached files must include a label with your last name.
Pilchuck Glass School is committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
Pilchuck Glass School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and participants. Pilchuck encourages all interested persons to apply regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran, or disability status.