Member Advisor / Employment
February 16, 2022
Organization Name: Fractured Atlas
Organization Location: Online
Fractured Atlas is seeking a full-time Member Advisor for our expanding Programs team. Fractured Atlas is a national nonprofit art service organization with a membership of over 75,000. Our mission is to make the journey from inspiration to living practice more accessible and equitable for artists and creatives. We are dedicated to helping individual artists and arts organizations at every level of the cultural ecosystem, in every creative medium by providing fundraising tools, educational resources, and personalized support. This position will provide administrative support for all of our programs and services and for the organization overall. The primary function of this role is to interact with our member artists on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate will be a creative problem solver and quick learner who has an enthusiasm for the arts, is incredibly personable over the phone and email, has a sense of humor, possess a high level of patience and understanding (particularly as it relates to explaining the same information multiple times), and is able to operate and respond in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and collected. Candidates with a work history that includes fundraising, development, and/or customer service will likely excel. Since Fractured Atlas works virtually, this position will require self-motivation and will operate under remote supervision by an Associate Director of Programs.
Fractured Atlas invites candidates to apply who feel they can thrive in our ʺwork hard, live wellʺ environment. Our organizational culture embraces people who:
– Seek out challenging problems and relish opportunities to venture into unexplored territory.
– Are entrepreneurial and comfortable with high-risk, high-impact efforts.
– Are agile, creative problem solvers with an unsentimental focus on concrete results.
– Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
Additionally, at Fractured Atlas, we adhere to strong anti-racism, anti-oppression principles (bit.ly/ARAOStatement) in all areas of our internal and external work. This commitment is grounded in our belief that change is possible, and that our work, and that of the artistic community more broadly, will grow stronger as oppression is eliminated. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Fractured Atlas here: http://howwework.fracturedatlas.org/
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Member advising and financial administrative oversight for Fractured Atlas’ fiscal sponsorship, fundraising tools, and artist visa services:
– Conduct consultative and onboarding calls and manage extended email communication with artist members using Zendesk
– Advise artist members on how to apply to grants with fiscal sponsorship, and review grant applications while providing constructive feedback
– Review and approve fundraising materials: including grant applications, individual appeals, and crowdfunding campaigns
– Demonstrate how to access our software tools and provide walk-through support as needed to artist members and Artist Member Support Representatives, as needed
– Review artist visa applications and provide consultation letters.
– Review a variety of financial documentation, and advise artist members on how to allocate for project expenses, and access funds
– Troubleshoot login and other basic access issues with artist members
– Correspond with artist members and donors in processing donations and grant funds received
– Investigate financial processing discrepancies and respond to chargeback inquiries
– Process payments of donations and grants made via wire transfer, stock, or ACH
– Other duties as assigned to support the team and our members.
– Knowledge of the fundraising landscape and grant application processes
– 1-2 years experience or strong familiarity with with web-based software (Slack, Google Drive, Airtable, Trello, Zendesk, or any ticketing or CRM software) and processing financial transactions
– Experienced with individual time management in a remote-work environment
– Experienced with sensitive information processing and tracking specific details
– A successful Member Advisor on the Programs team will be passionate about:
– Advising and/or educating artists and creative business owners
– Streamlining processes and training others to do the same
– Exercising research, analytical, and investigative skills to problem solve
– Using and exploring new technologies
– Efficient, effective, understanding communication
– Managing a personal workload
– Staying flexible and juggling changing priorities
– Knowing when to take initiative, direction, and cease moving forward
– Engaging in collaboration and teamwork
– Experience in arts administration, arts management, or information technology – a plus!
– Direct experience with fiscal responsibility and grants oversight – a plus!
This position is U.S.- based and 100% virtual (with post-COVID travel about 1-2 times per year). You can live anywhere in the country but must be available to attend meetings during a 9 AM-6 PM EST window.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Salary is $24.71/hr ($51,400/yr). Benefits include dental and medical insurance, flexible spending account, employer-contributed 401K matching plan, commuter benefits, professional development allowance, ticket and staff donation allowance for artist member projects, internet reimbursement, workplace supplies allowance, paid vacation and sick days, paid family leave, and a casual but hard-working, friendly and supportive work environment.
To be considered for the position, please use the application portal to upload all the items below in one PDF-formatted file:
1. A thoughtful (1 page maximum) cover letter that expresses your intentions in applying and addresses the following: how you would like to add value to Fractured Atlas through this role, a time you successfully helped someone achieve their goal(s), the kind of work environment you thrive in or enjoy contributing to, and something in the fundraising landscape that excites you right now.
2. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
3. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. (References will not be contacted without your prior consent).
Incomplete submissions— including those failing to follow directions—will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls, emails, or social media messages please. Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website (https://www.fracturedatlas.org/), blog (https://blog.fracturedatlas.org/), and work.fracturedatlas.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Fractured Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. (Read more about our Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression commitment here: bit.ly/ARAOStatement) We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.