Member Advisor, Programs Team for Fractured Atlas / Employment
January 22, 2023
Organization Name: Fractured Atlas
Organization Location: Remote
Fractured Atlas is seeking a full-time Member Advisor for our expanding Programs team. Fractured Atlas is a national nonprofit art service organization with a membership of over 75,000. Our mission is to make the journey from inspiration to living practice more accessible and equitable for artists and creatives. We are dedicated to helping individual artists and arts organizations at every level of the cultural ecosystem, in every creative medium by providing fundraising tools, educational resources, and personalized support.This position will provide administrative support for all of our programs and services and for the organization overall. The primary function of this role is to interact with our member artists on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate will be a creative problem solver and quick learner who has an enthusiasm for the arts, is incredibly personable over the phone and email, has a sense of humor, possess a high level of patience and understanding (particularly as it relates to explaining the same information multiple times), and is able to operate and respond in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and collected. Candidates with a work history that includes fundraising, development, and/or customer service will likely excel. Since Fractured Atlas works virtually, this position will require self-motivation and will operate under remote supervision by an Associate Director of Programs.
At Fractured Atlas, we work hard towards supporting our mission but we also understand that work is just one part of life and support team members having full and robust lives outside of work. Our organizational culture embraces people who:
• Are curious and excited by opportunities to better our services, our systems, and ourselves.
• Seek out challenging problems and are comfortable with high-risk, high-impact efforts.
• Are agile, creative problem solvers with a focus on concrete results.
• Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
Additionally, at Fractured Atlas we work to adhere to anti-oppression and anti-racism principles (bit.ly/ARAOguidelines) in all areas of our internal and external work. This commitment is grounded in our belief that change is possible, and that our work and that of the artistic community as a whole will grow stronger as oppression is eliminated.
In our current phase of this journey towards being an Anti-Racist Anti-Oppressive organization, the whole staff is engaged in all staff ARAO Committee meetings and undergo training as part of their onboarding process. We recognize that we do not have all of the answers as we pursue this work. This work will continue to shift as the Fractured Atlas team changes. We ask that new team members join us as we continue to learn, practice, and grow in this work. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Fractured Atlas here: work.fracturedatlas.org.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Member advising and financial administrative oversight for Fractured Atlas’ fiscal sponsorship, fundraising tools, and artist visa services:
◦ Conduct consultative and onboarding calls and manage extended email communication with artist members using Zendesk
◦ Advise artist members on how to apply to grants with fiscal sponsorship, and review grant applications while providing constructive feedback
◦ Review and approve fundraising materials: including grant applications, individual appeals, and crowdfunding campaigns
◦ Demonstrate how to access our software tools and provide walk-through support as needed to artist members and Member Representatives, as needed
◦ Review artist visa applications and provide consultation letters.
◦ Review a variety of financial documentation, and advise artist members on how to allocate for project expenses, and access funds
◦ Troubleshoot login and other basic access issues with artist members
◦ Correspond with artist members and donors in processing donations and grant funds received
◦ Process payments of donations and grants made via wire transfer, stock, or ACH
Other duties as assigned to support the team and our members.
• Knowledge of the fundraising landscape and grant application processes
• 1-2 years experience or strong familiarity with with web-based software (Slack, Google Drive, Airtable, Trello, Zendesk, or any ticketing or CRM software)
• Experienced with individual time management in a remote-work environment
• Experienced with sensitive information processing and tracking specific details
• A successful Member Advisor on the Programs team will be passionate about:
◦ Advising and/or educating artists and creative business owners
◦ Streamlining processes and training others to do the same
◦ Exercising research, analytical, and investigative skills to problem solve
◦ Using and exploring new technologies
◦ Efficient, effective, understanding communication
◦ Managing a personal workload
◦ Staying flexible and juggling changing priorities
◦ Knowing when to take initiative, direction, and cease moving forward
◦ Engaging in collaboration and teamwork
• Experience in arts administration, arts management, or information technology – a plus!
• Direct experience with grants oversight – a plus!
This position is U.S.-based and 100% virtual (with eventual travel about 1-2 times per year*). You can live anywhere in the country but most meetings fall during a 9 AM-6 PM EST window.
*We hope to resume travel for full staff gatherings, but we don’t believe in forcing people to travel if it will be unsafe or uncomfortable for team members.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Salary is $56,540 ($27.18/hour). Fractured Atlas has fixed-tier compensation, so everyone at each tier makes the same. Learn more about our compensation structure here: bit.ly/CompStructure.
Benefits include dental and medical insurance, flexible spending account, employer-contributed 401K plan, commuter benefits, professional development allowance, ticket and staff donation allowance for artist member projects, internet and cell-phone stipend allowance, workplace supplies allowance, unlimited paid vacation days, paid sick days, paid family leave, and a casual but hard-working, friendly and supportive work environment.
To be considered for the position, please use the application portal to upload all the items below in one PDF-formatted file:
1. A thoughtful (1 page maximum) cover letter addressed to Elena Muslar, Director, Programs Impact and Colleen Hughes, Director, Programs Compliance that expresses your intentions in applying and addresses the following: how you would like to add value to Fractured Atlas through this role, a time you successfully helped someone achieve their goal(s), the kind of work environment you thrive in or enjoy contributing to, and something in the fundraising landscape that excites you right now.
2. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
3. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. (References will not be contacted without your prior consent).
If you’re looking for a way to merge PDFs, iLovePDF (ilovepdf.com) is a free browser based option. Incomplete submissions will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via email, post mail, or fax.
We receive many applications for each job and cannot respond to questions about the position unless you are having a technical issue with the job portal or are requesting accommodations for the process. If you need help with a technical issue or are requesting accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know what’s next after you apply? Here is a breakdown of the steps of the hiring process: bit.ly/FAHiringProcess. You can learn more about Fractured Atlas by reviewing our website (fracturedatlas.org), blog (blog.fracturedatlas.org), and work.fracturedatlas.org
Fractured Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. (Read more about our Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression commitment here: bit.ly/ARAOguidelines) We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
January 10, 2023. Deadline for submissions is January 22, 2023 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
EmploymentFree To ApplyOnline