Member Representative / Employment
February 16, 2022
Organization Name: Fractured Atlas
Organization Location: Online
Member Representative, Programs
Fractured Atlas is seeking a full-time Artist Member Representative for our expanding Programs team. Fractured Atlas is a national nonprofit art service organization with a membership of over 75,000. Our mission is to make the journey from inspiration to living practice more accessible and equitable for artists and creatives. We are dedicated to helping individual artists and arts organizations at every level of the cultural ecosystem, in every creative medium by providing fundraising tools, educational resources, and personalized support. This position will provide administrative support for all of our programs and services and for the organization overall. The primary function of this role is to interact with our members on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator and detail-oriented listener who has an enthusiasm for the arts, is incredibly personable over the phone and email, has a sense of humor, possess a high level of patience and understanding (particularly as it relates to explaining the same information multiple times), and is able to operate and respond in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and collected. Candidates with a work history that includes retail or service positions where they provided stellar service in high-pressure, high-volume environments will likely excel. Since Fractured Atlas works virtually, this position will require self-motivation and will operate under remote supervision by an Associate Director of Programs. The Member Representative is a good stepping stone position for someone seeking a career in the nonprofit arts sector.
Fractured Atlas invites candidates to apply who feel they can thrive in our ʺwork hard, live wellʺ environment. Our organizational culture embraces people who:
– Seek out challenging problems and relish opportunities to venture into unexplored territory.
– Are entrepreneurial and comfortable with high-risk, high-impact efforts.
– Are agile, creative problem solvers with an unsentimental focus on concrete results.
– Invest their time in quality work and giving others their respect and support.
Additionally, at Fractured Atlas, we adhere to strong anti-racism, anti-oppression principles (bit.ly/ARAOStatement) in all areas of our internal and external work. This commitment is grounded in our belief that change is possible, and that our work, and that of the artistic community more broadly, will grow stronger as oppression is eliminated. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Fractured Atlas here: http://howwework.fracturedatlas.org/
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Member support for Fractured Atlas’s fiscal sponsorship and artist visa services:
– Correspond with artist members via email and phone using Zendesk
– Educate artist members with general information about programs and reiterating program policies as needed,
– Provide walk-through support for artist members interacting with Fractured Atlas programs and services, and troubleshoot login and other basic access issues with artist members
– Evaluate the urgency of incoming calls and escalate them appropriately,
Accurately process and file sensitive financial and legal information,
Draft clear documentation for external and internal communication needs,
Appropriately vet public-facing text provided by members for their online profiles and fundraising goals.
– Review and evaluate visa application materials and issue artist support letters
– Financial services administration for our members and programs:
– Support artist members in setting up their individual or business Stripe Connect accounts
– Process various types of donations via Fractured Atlas’s in-house fundraising platforms
– Answer artist member questions related to donations and disbursements
Troubleshoot donation disputes
– Other duties as assigned to support the Programs team and our artist members.
– Comfort communicating over the phone and corresponding by email – while working in a fast-paced environment with a strong ability to adapt to change;
– Experienced working with sensitive information
– A successful Member Representative on the Programs team will be passionate about:
– Helping and/or educating artists and creative business owners
– Listening actively and communicating with consistency
– Learning by doing and asking well-researched questions
– Using and exploring new technologies
– Creative problem solving
– Being self-motivated
– Prioritizing efficiency and juggling changing priorities
– Knowing when to take initiative, direction, and cease moving forward
– Engaging in collaboration and teamwork
– Experience with web-based software and processing financial transactions – a plus!
– Interest in arts administration or information technology – a plus!
This position is U.S.based and 100% virtual (with post-COVID travel about 1-2 times per year). You can live anywhere in the country but must be available to attend meetings during a 9 AM-6 PM EST window.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Salary is $19.90/hr ($41,400/yr). Benefits include dental and medical insurance, flexible spending account, employer-contributed 401K matching plan, professional development allowance, ticket and staff donation allowance for artist member projects, internet reimbursement, workplace supplies allowance, paid vacation and sick days, paid family leave, and a casual but hard-working, friendly and supportive work environment.
To be considered for the position, please use our application portal to upload all the items below in one PDF-formatted file:
1) A one page document that answers the following questions:
a) How do you feel you can add value to Fractured Atlas through this role?
b) What’s an example of a time you helped someone find a solution to a problem?
c) What kind of work environment do you thrive in or enjoy contributing to?
d) What inspires you in your work and what do you take pride in when it comes to your work?
2) A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your educational and professional experience.
3) A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. (References will not be contacted without your prior consent).
Incomplete submissions— including those failing to follow directions—will not be considered, nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please. Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.fracturedatlas.org and work.fracturedatlas.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Fractured Atlas is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. (Read more about our Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression commitment here: bit.ly/ARAOStatement) We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.