Miniature Show / Calls & Submissions
November 16, 2021
Organization Name: Vashon Center for the Arts
Organization Location: Vashon Island, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
Call for Art for VCA’s annual Miniature Show – December 2021
Exhibition dates: December 3-26, 2021
We welcome all styles of art with one requirement – the size. All 2-D art can not be more than 36 square inches (including frame), meaning 6″ x 6″ or 5″ x 7″ are acceptable. For 3-D is no more than 6″ x 6″ x 6″ or 216 cubic inches.
Vashon Center for the Arts is a preeminent center on Vashon Island, WA, varied program areas including a large visual art gallery, state of the art performance hall (300 seats), dance program, art education center, and artists in schools program. For more information about our center: www.vashoncenterforthearts.org
The Miniature Show is one of our most popular visual arts exhibition. All art is for sale and we have accepted up to 200 pieces by over 100 artists. The show is hung in both our Gallery and grand Atrium space.
Application Process has two parts:
1) Submission of the application form. (see link on web page)
2) Submission of images of artwork by email to email@example.com
* All medium within the size limitation for 36 sq inches (including frame) or 216 cubic inches.
* Only artwork that has not been shown at VCA or any other gallery on Vashon in the last three (3) years is eligible.
* Artists residing in the continental US.
* You may submit up to three (3) pieces for consideration. We show 1-3 pieces of artists selected.
* Notification of acceptance: November 18, 2021
* Deliver of art: November 29, 2021
* Deliver to VCA.
* Shipment of art must be pre-approved by gallery director.
* Friday Artist Reception: December 3, 2021, 5:00-8:00pm
* Closing date: December 26, 2021 (we are closed Sat. Dec 25)
* Pick Up of unsold art: January 3, 2022
* Note: Gallery hours of operation: Wed – Sun. 12noon – 5pm, and during performances in our performance hall
* For this show – and this show only – we allow buyers the option to take the art home once it is purchased. This is because many of the art purchases are holiday gifts and buyers want the items as gifts.
* Artist responsible for delivery of art, and pick-up of unsold art.
Please read the instructions carefully and submit information and images as requested. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Calls & SubmissionsExhibitionNationalVashon Island