Seeks Museum Services Lead / Employment
The Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to work as a Museum Services Leads. Qualified candidates possess excellent communication, customer service, and sales skills and an interest in the rich history of the Asian Pacific American communities in the Pacific Northwest and Seattle’s Chinatown-International District. Prior museum experience not required, but candidate must have exceptional customer service experience and genuine compassion and care for the public to provide a welcoming smile and warmth to visiting patrons.
Museum Services Leads create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere by facilitating visitors’ experiences, processing admission and merchandise purchases, informing guests about membership and tour opportunities, answering questions and phone calls, and ensuring public and art/artifacts’ security. This department is comprised of the Visitor Services, Marketplace gift shop, Space at the Wing private event venue program, and museum membership. This position will work as the first contact with our visitors and donors and is integral to creating a positive impression of the museum.
Shifts are scheduled in 5hrs, 8hrs, and 11hrs stints. We are looking specifically for at least but not limited to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (anywhere from 8AM-midnight to account for occasional events for each day). We will not be considering schedules that do not meet this minimum requirement. Required work dates: January 25, March 28, June 29-30, July 16, and Holidays Dec. 5 – January 5. Vacations are not provided during this time period. This position requires a minimum 6-month commitment. This part-time position is from 22.5 – 29 hours and pays $15.75 an hour, non-benefitted. EOE.
To apply please submit cover letter in PDF format sharing why you would like to work at The Wing and what type of impact you’d make to the team along with a resume to Director of Museum Services Rayann Matsui via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and “Museum Services Lead” in the subject line. Hire start date Jan. 10, 2020. Open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Create meaningful interactions with visitors and facilitate positive and safe engagement with exhibit subjects • Encourage customers in making the best choices for their visit in scheduling tours and in their merchandise purchases by remaining knowledgeable of current exhibits and merchandise inventory and artists.
• Enthusiastically provide visitors information on all museum programs and exhibits
• Procure membership sales, new and renewed, converting daily visitors into museum ambassadors
• Proficient in use of Altru point of sales system in balancing tills, processing transactions, discounts, payments
• Delegate phone communications properly and independently with administrative staff
• Assist Director of Museum Services with Space at The Wing events and facility use, including set-up/breakdown, event staffing, etc. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
• Maintain presentable facility for a positive visitor experience, upkeep of the lobby, exhibits, bathrooms, and more
• Front Desk Safety & Security training, membership sales training, Race & Relations training
Must work Fridays – Sundays