Online Exhibition curated by Emma Gray of Five Car Garage Gallery / Calls & Submissions
January 25, 2022
Organization Name: ToPaintersToPaintings
Organization Location: Online
Type: Calls & Submissions
My name is TopTop and I run the viral Instagram account @topainterstopaintings.
I have online exhibitions every couple months with a guest curator.
I am very excited to announce that applications are now open for the next online exhibition!!
An art professional has been chosen to curate the online exhibition by selecting works from the open call. It is up to the curator how many works to select. The online exhibition will be carefully considered by the curator, the work selected will be posted on my website and my Instagram account.
The guest curator for the next online exhibition will be Emma Gray of Five Car Garage Gallery.
Emma Gray HQ was established at “Five Car Garage” in 2013 by owner and gallerist/Garagist Emma Gray. The space, an actual five car garage, situated 18 blocks from the Pacific Ocean, evolved out of her first space EGHQ on La Cienega Blvd, where she oversaw projects with artists such as Kirsten Stoltmann, Lucas Michael and performances with Aaron Garber-Maikovska and Dawn Kasper among others. Capitalizing on the theatrical layout and open air quality of light and space, many of the artists who have exhibited at Five Car are inspired to create site-specific projects.
In 2016, “The Energetic Residency” was created, which included the addition of a meditation studio, and an art studio above the garages. Performances, deep listenings, workshops, meditations, soundbaths, hypnosis, shamanic journeys with artist/practitioners occurred and still take place to this day. Dominic Moore, Asher Hartman, Nikki Darling, Marcos Lutyens, Andrea Hornick, and Amanda Yates Garcia are just some of artists-magicians who have contributed. Owner Emma Gray, art dealer, mother and Sunday afternoon painter is a long time meditator, breathwork facilitator and reiki master who guides the program in both spaces.
The first two shows in the new space in 2016 were curated around ‘sound’ and ‘synesthesia” since then the gallery and meditation studio has been playing (not exclusively) with a handful of artists who meditate or use consciousness as part of their work or daily life. Emma Gray HQ represents Max Maslansky, Jennifer Sullivan, Jesse Fleming, Rema Ghuloum, Charles Irvin and David McDonald (a Guggenheim Fellow and Zen practitioner), and recently Raychael Stine, Ekta Aggarwal and the estate of Sara Kathryn Arledge who have expanded the reach of the program.
For 2022 Emma Gray HQ will create pop up shows locally and internationally and exhibit more artists from different continents, with a continued focus on women artists.
(1) All Artists from any location can apply.
(2) Work submitted must be painting, drawing or sculpture.
(3) Image uploaded can not be larger than 500KB.
(4) The Image must be clear with a clean white background unless the background is part of the work or cropped with no background.
(5) There is a $10 USD submission fee.
(6) Artists cannot submit more than once.
(7) Collaborations are welcome.
(8) The work will be posted on both the website and the viral Instagram page.
(9) The work will remain on the websites archive.
(10) By submitting you give consent to the lines 8 and 9.
(11) Artists featured in the past online exhibitions cannot submit until 1 year from when they were featured.
(12) Artists represented by the guest curator’s gallery can not apply.
SEE LINK BELOW TO APPLY
Calls & SubmissionsExhibitionInternationalNew YorkOnline