Online Exhibition: The World Is Flat / Calls & Submissions
July 31, 2020
Organization Name: Independent & Image Art Space
Organization Location: Chongqing, ROC
Type: Calls & Submissions
Independent & Image Art Space (Chongqing, China) presents an online exhibition open call with the theme of “The World Is Flat”.
About exhibition theme: The World Is Flat
In 2005, Thomas L. Friedman’s best-selling book “The World Is Flat” made the term “globalization” a household name. The fast and convenient network of communications, air transportation, and trade exchanges that human society has today are more closely connected with people living in different countries and different regions than ever before. However, the interconnected, “flat” world has also exacerbated the challenges facing mankind, such as global climate change and environmental issues. Another example is that today, 15 years later, close human interaction has become a major factor in the rapid spread of COVID-19 worldwide. We invite artists to respond to the theme of “the world is flat”, express your ideas with your works of art, and inspire more people to think.
Exhibition period (dates to be determined): August – September 2020
Application deadline: July 31, 2020
Eligible application: there is no limit on the art medium, size, year of production, artist age, or nationality, but the proposed works should respond to the exhibition theme “The World Is Flat”.
The selected artists will win:
– artworks show at an online virtual exhibition;
– Chinese-English bilingual online feature at our website;
– Chinese-English bilingual digital catalog to be published on ISSUU;
– showcase the selected works on the internationally influential art platform: ARTSY and ARTLAND;
– production of Chinese-English bilingual exhibition video and publish on multi-channels;
– Chinese-English bilingual promotion on popular Chinese social media: WeChat Public Account and Art Express App, on art platform: ARTSY, and on international social media Instagram, Twitter, Facebook;
– Email campaigns sending to our art collectors, introducing your artworks to the Chinese art market;
– Priority to our further events, including offline exhibitions in our Chongqing space, art projects, art fairs in China and internationally and other art events.
Fee: free entry for selection.
The selected artists will pay an exhibition promotion fee of 100 USD.
Please send the following materials in a ZIP file to email@example.com, subject line “Open Call – The World Is Flat”
– 3-7 work images, JEPG, 300dpi, no larger than 5MB. Please provide the work information, including title, material, size, year of production, edition (if applicable), price.
– Artist CV, no more than 500 words;
– Artist statement, no more than 300 words, please explain how your works respond to the theme “The World Is Flat”;
About Independent & Image Art Space
Founded in 2008, Independent & Image Art Space is located in 501 Art Base, which is the most important art zone in Chongqing, next door to one of China’s top art universities — Sichuan Fine Arts Institute.
Independent & Image Art Space has been paying close attention to the development of Chinese and international contemporary art. With an open attitude towards the global art scene and unique artistic vision, Independent & Image Art Space endeavors to participate in the practices of Chinese contemporary art development, especially to improve a deeper understanding of contemporary art in our society.
During the years, we have held numerous solo and group exhibitions for our artists as well as international cultural exchange events, displaying the artworks of photography, painting, sculpture, installation, new media art, etc. We present during the exhibitions related thematic lectures, seminars, and workshops.
Address: 2F, 501 Art Base, No.126 Huangjueping Main Street, Jiulongpo District, Chongqing, 400053, China.
WeChat public account: DULIYINGXIANG
Art Express App：独立映像
Calls & SubmissionsCalls And SubmissionsCalls For ArtistsMediaVisual