Part-time Marketing Manager for ShoreLake Arts / Employment
March 20, 2023
Organization Name: ShoreLake Arts
Organization Location: Shoreline, WA
The Position: ShoreLake Arts seeks a creative, collaborative, exceptional communicator with a passion for community arts to serve as our “Chief Storyteller.” The Marketing Manager coordinates and implements ShoreLake Arts’ communications and outreach, working with other staff to create marketing materials (print, digital, and social media) that raise the visibility of our programs and ensure stakeholders have opportunities to support our mission. This position requires creating and implementing marketing plans for a wide range of print, digital, and online applications and designing or updating collateral materials, environmental graphics, publications, advertising, and sales/advancement materials.
Please apply if you:
● Excel at content creation and digital and social media,
● Are passionate about creating and sustaining community engagement with the arts
● Embrace a spirit of creativity,
● Share our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion, and
● You want to be joyful, kind, creative, nimble, and persistent while engaging community support for ShoreLake Arts
• Reports to: Executive Director
● Hybrid Work Environment: Working in office required two days per week
● Type: Part-time, 20 – 25 hours per week.
● Compensation: $25 – $30 per hour, DOE
Marketing & Publicity (70%)
• Gather and convey inspiring “storytelling” content that engages our community and attracts donors, volunteers, and other key constituents.
• Manage and create website, social media, and eNews content to maintain a robust presence in our community and generate positive engagement on social media.
• Design & create promotional and marketing materials.
• Manage public and media relations, including creating and distributing press releases.
• Develop outreach and publicity strategy for reaching underserved communities to invite participation in our arts programming.
• Ensure brand consistency across all avenues of communication.
• Assist in the budgeting process and development of an annual Marketing Plan.
• Maintain Constant Contact lists, segmenting, adding, and purging regularly.
• Ensure that photographs and video footage are taken of ShoreLake Arts events and programs.
• Monitor, prepare, and submit Monthly Marketing Analytics Report to Executive Director.
Community Relations (10%)
● Seek out new opportunities for outreach and develop relationships with key community organizations, culturally diverse populations, and underserved communities.
Other Duties (20%)
● Work with other staff in “all hands on deck” moments as needed to support major events, and
● Other duties as assigned by the Executive Directive
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
● A passion for storytelling and creating community engagement and support through social media, digital, and printed media;
● Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills;
● Experience with content production and visual design;
● Good knowledge of Canva and/or Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Workspace, Wix, Monday.com, and Constant Contact – or the ability to learn new software applications quickly;
● Effective budgeting and budget management skills;
● Culturally Competent, with demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility;
● Highly Organized;
● BA or BS Degree in Marketing, the Arts, an Arts-related field or equivalent experience in marketing
● Three years’ experience working in Marketing or Public Relations or the nonprofit sector, or other proven track record in marketing/publicity
ShoreLake Arts is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role
but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Ability to perform sedentary work using a standard computer. Physical effort may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions. Clarity of vision to see near, mid-range, and color. Ability to move objects up to 30 lbs.
Primary working location is Shoreline, WA. Two days per week in the office are required; other days hybrid work options are available. Primary working hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, including some weekends and evenings. Travel/driving in the Seattle area and use of employee car are required.
Responsible for fair and equitable treatment of people in the workplace.
The above information indicates the general nature and level of work for this position. It may not contain and should not be interpreted as a complete list of duties and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Marketing Manager” by March 20, 2023. In your letter describe your interest in the Marketing Manager position, your lived experience as it relates to diversity, equity and inclusion, and your marketing experience. Late applications will not be reviewed.
ShoreLake Arts is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.
EmploymentFree To ApplyPTEShoreline