Program Director at Coyote Central / Employment
July 2, 2023
Organization Name: Coyote Central
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Executive Director
40 hrs/wk, Exempt
Salary: starting at $75,000- $90,000
Location: hybrid, with a minimum of 3 days in the office and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
Benefits: Medical, vision, and dental fully covered by Coyote’s health insurance plan; 2% company contribution to a SIMPLE IRA account (independent of any employee contribution); 20 days/yr PTO to start plus up to 40 hr/yr rollover; 10 paid holidays each year plus two weeks of company closure; 3 days of paid community service leave; Up to 8 weeks paid Coyote Family and Medical Leave
Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
Coyote is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other protected class.
Coyote has a 30+ year legacy of providing nurturing opportunities for young people/folx, to discover just what they are capable of. Through skillbuilding and access to unique tools and mediums our youth get the chance to express their creativity! The Program Director is responsible for holding that vision strong and strategizing its ongoing growth and success.
The Program Director is responsible for recruiting, hiring, and mentoring teachers while supporting the implementation of Coyote’s learning goals and strategies in core programming. They offer broad oversight of building use by prioritizing programming over other building uses. They play an active role onsite to support the Coyote programming staff. The Program Director is responsible for creating and stewarding relationships with relevant partners and community organizations in Seattle. Centering the needs of the community and potential partners, the Program Director designs new initiatives and partner programs that serve in mission-aligned and equitable ways, in partnership with the Program Manager, as well as the Executive Director.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
– has a diverse perspective and lived experience
– is an effective leader, able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
– is excited about building programs and partnerships throughout Seattle
– is skilled in problem solving, strategic thinking, and creative exploration
– is personally committed to equity and inclusion with a willingness to self-reflect and continue learning
– is an excellent communicator that is capable of guiding and motivating a diverse group
– is passionate about Coyote’s mission
We are looking for someone with experience:
– teaching, specifically in the arts
– managing and mentoring people
– evaluating programs using both qualitative and quantitative strategies
– using restorative justice for conflict resolution
– facilitating teacher training workshops
– pitching, installing, and/or coordinating public installations
– designing new programs
Program Direction & Vision (30%)
– Spearhead the direction of programs anchored in Coyote’s mission and the needs of the community
– Define and promote Coyote’s learning goals & teaching strategies
– Lead the design and implementation of programming norms and policies to ensure a strong and connected team
– Collaborate with the Executive Director to define the organizational strategic plan, including program design, description, and delivery
– Lead Program Manager and Engagement Manager in gathering community voice in the program design and decision making process
Teacher Hiring, Oversight & Evaluation (25%)
– Expand and manage Coyote’s teaching artist network and roster
– Lead the hiring, onboarding, and evaluation for Coyote teachers
– Provide high-level mentoring to Coyote teachers in course development and design, and classroom management
– Collaborate with the Program Manager to leads quarterly meetings/trainings for Coyote teachers based on Coyote’s learning goals
– Collaborate with the Program Manager and Executive Director to design and deliver bi-annual professional development for teachers Coyote-wide
– Collaborate with the Program Managers to lead classroom observations and reviews
– Collaborate with the Finance & Administration Director to gather regular feedback from teachers and analyze quarterly data
Core Programming Oversight (15%)
– Responsible for programmatic calendar
– Support core programming onsite at least twice each quarter.
– Collaborate with the Program Manager to ensure consistent programming
– Support Program Manager in regular communication with teachers
– Support the Facilities Manager in planning for new medium set-ups and studio modifications
– Support Engagement Manager with high level oversight of conflict resolution, class recruitment, community building, and family / youth engagement and experience
Programming Staff Management & Culture (15%)
– Mentor Engagement Manager and supports them in recruiting/enrollment
– Mentor Program Managers and support them in building the core programming and partner programming schedules
– Spearhead and design initiatives and norms that center community and keep Coyote’s culture vibrant
– Steward community-based exercises for Coyote staff/teachers
– Ensure that Coyote culture is being upheld in all events, projects, activities, etc.
Partnerships & Special Programs (15%)
– Develop relationships with relevant partners that expands our reach
– Collaborate with Development Director to identify and design deliverables for relevant funding opportunities to support new and existing programs
– Collaborate with the Program Manager to develop youth leadership programs and other new programs that meet the needs of the community
– Develop, steward, and oversee Coyote’s public art programs
– Ensure that all public art represents Coyote, its artists, and students in the best light possible
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete our online application (includes a spot to upload your resume and list references) at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CoyotePD2023. We will be accepting applications through July 2, 2023, or until the position is filled. Application review will begin June 19, 2023 and priority will be given to applications received by that date.
ABOUT COYOTE CENTRAL
MISSION: Coyote sparks creativity in young people, putting tools in their hands to build skills and forge their futures.
VISION: An equitable world powered by curiosity, creativity, and collaboration.
YOUTH IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT: The heart of what we do. We count on self-reliance to fuel curiosity and creativity.
FEARLESS EXPLORATION: We trust the process of taking creative risks. There is no one path and no one right answer.
REALIZING POTENTIAL: We rely on challenges and high stakes to encourage surprising outcomes and self-discovery.
EXPERTS AND BEGINNERS SIDE BY SIDE: We thrive in collaborative spaces where everyone is an equal partner in learning.
MAGNETIC CONNECTIONS: Our collective success is built on listening, powerful relationships, and igniting one another’s strengths.
HAVING FUN: Creativity is contagious. Spread the joy.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Coyote strives to lead with equity in everything we do. We acknowledge that our communities have been adversely affected by longstanding white supremacy and privilege, creating barriers in access to creative opportunities for low-income communities, immigrant and refugee communities, and communities of color. We aim to dismantle these barriers by engaging diverse voices in our decision- making processes and continually pursuing new knowledge about equity. We approach our equity work with respect, humility, and accountability, and with an organization-wide commitment to doing better.
EmploymentFree To ApplyFTESeattle