Public Art Exhibition / Calls & Submissions
October 17, 2021
Organization Name: Port Angeles Arts Council
Organization Location: Port Angeles, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
The Port Angeles Arts Council invites artists living on the Olympic Peninsula (Clallam, Jefferson, Mason, and Grays Harbor counties) to submit entries to the Art on the Town public art exhibition (submissions are due October 17th 2021).
Our mission is to bring an ongoing and everchanging art exhibit to downtown Port Angeles. Art on the Town is a year-long outdoor exhibition in the heart of downtown Port Angeles. Since its inception, 40 artworks valued in excess of $330,000 have been purchased or commissioned through the exposure provided by Art on the Town. The outdoor venue will showcase selected artists’ work in the downtown waterfront, sidewalks, and pocket park areas.
Art on the Town promotes multi-faceted galleries with scheduled guided tours and Second Saturday gallery openings and receptions. Self-guided walking tours are also promoted with easy-to-use sculpture tour guides. The diversity of the people viewing the works creates a valuable market for the promotion and sale of the participants’ artwork. Articles about the previous exhibitions have appeared in South Sound magazine, the Seattle Times, and The Oregonian.
How the show works
• All artwork must be durable and able to withstand extreme coastal weather conditions and possible physical contact by pedestrians.
• The artists lend their artwork to The City of Port Angeles for a period of one year.
A $500 stipend is awarded to each artist that participates in the exhibition.
• The artworks will be insured by the City of Port Angeles for the duration of the show.
• The artist is expected to deliver, install, and deinstall their artwork. Art on the town will assist if requested.
• Art on the Town is committed to supporting youth in the arts and will select at least one suitable student piece per year if submitted.
• The sales commission is 75% to the artist, 25% to Art on the Town. There is no entry fee.
• Art on the Town reserves the right to refuse artworks that do not meet the standards for durable, outdoor, public display, or which differ from the
Art on the Town is sponsored by the Port Angeles Arts Council, the City of Port Angeles, PA Chamber of Commerce, local galleries, and community members.
The Port Angeles Arts Council’s Mission Statement
The Port Angeles Arts Council is dedicated to nurturing the vitality of the arts as an essential ingredient of the quality of life for area residents and visitors. The council is a forum for artists, arts organizations, and advocates for arts education at all levels, and serves to facilitate and advise the development of art projects in the public sphere.
Calls & SubmissionsExhibitionPort AngelesPort Angeles Arts CouncilPublic Art