RFP for a Mosaic for 40th Anniversary Celebration / Calls & Submissions
January 7, 2022
Organization Name: PHPDA
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
The Pacific Hospital Preservation and Development Authority (PHPDA), a Seattle city-chartered public agency focused on health equity throughout King County, is looking for a local artist to create an image to be translated into a 5’ x 5’ mosaic piece inside the Pacific Tower located in North Beacon Hill. We encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and other groups of artists that have traditionally been marginalized in cultural spaces.
• Our main objective is to capture the vibrant, trailblazing past, present and future of the PHPDA. You can view a timeline of our history at the link below: https://www.phpda.org/images/uploads/publications/PHPDA_history_2014_FINAL.pdf.
• This mosaic is part of our 40th Anniversary celebration taking place next year. We want the image to be rendered in a comic book/graphic novel style so we can depict a narrative or story. We want to include Duwamish imagery as way to show respect to the Duwamish people and the land we reside on.
• You will be working with the PHPDA Office Coordinator and Communications Manager to create the image. Seattle Mosaic Arts studio will be translating the image into a mosaic. We plan to invite various groups from the Beacon Hill community to partake in the building of the mosaic.
Please submit a short written preliminary description of your idea(s) for this work and a portfolio of at least (3) past pieces that are representative of the style we are looking for. Email your submissions to the Office Coordinator, Whitney Gerlach, at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 7, 2022.
• Flat Rate: $1,000 upon final image delivery
• January 14, 2022- Artist Selected and Notified
• January 2022- Recurring Meetings with the Artist
• February 4, 2022- Artist Delivers Final Piece
• March- April 2022- Begin Construction of the Mosaic
Calls & SubmissionsSeattle