Risograph Residency of Spokane / Residencies
November 15, 2023
Organization Name: EWU Department of Design
Organization Location: Spokane, WA
The Risograph Residency of Spokane offers community-minded artists and designers creative opportunities towards print-based project proposals utilizing the unique Risograph facilities of EWU’s 4D Lab.
Proposals should include the creation of printed materials utilizing the Risograph through editions, posters, photographs, books, zines, and/or other experimental ephemera, culminating in either a public workshop, artist talk, or community-based project. Preference will be given to community-minded proposals that push the boundaries of this unique medium.
– Risograph MH9450U Duplicator (2-Drum)
– Black, Fluor. Pink, Yellow, and Blue colors (+3 TBD)
– Saddle and long-reach staplers
– Guillotine and Heavy-Duty paper trimmers
– M1 iMacs
– Adobe CC
– 225 sq ft dedicated work space
– Preferential access to the Risograph studio
– One-on-one Risograph training, support, and assistance
– $250 print materials/supplies budget
– Additional $250 Resident Honorarium
– Public exhibition of research and work
Residents are required to occupy and utilize the dedicated workspace at least 4-6 hours per week.
Residents are required to donate 20% of their editions/prints to the 4D Lab archive. These will serve as educational artifacts, promotional materials, and will be sold to support equipment expenses and future residents.
Residents are expected to present their work and attend the public exhibition at the end of their stay.
– A written project proposal, highlighting any community engagement, participation, and/or related themes, including which season you would prefer to be in residence. Title the file: “Your name, proposal” and submit a PDF format.
– A PDF containing 10-20 images of work relevant to your proposal, whether through direct relation or previous projects. Preference will be given to those showcasing print production experience and/or interdisciplinary and experimental approaches to print. Title the file: “Your name, portfolio” and submit a PDF format.
– A separate statement expressing why the proposal might be uniquely compatible with Risograph duplication. Title the file: “Your name, statement” and submit a PDF format.
Free To ApplyResidenciesSpokane