Seattle Recycled Arts Call to Fashion Artists / Calls & Submissions
October 9, 2021
Organization Name: Seattle Recycled Arts
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
This is an exhibit of wearable clothing made of recycled or reused materials. We will be showcasing both “Wearable Art” and “Ready to Wear” clothing in a live virtual event including Q&A with the designers on the evening of November 13th 2021. We curate this show on the basis of design, technical skill and originality.
Submission Site Live: September 9 – Oct 9, 2021
Accepted designers notified Oct 16
Oct 19th (if rained out then Oct 22nd) is reserved for those who need help with video taping
Video presentations due Oct 22nd
November 12th on-line rehearsal for live event 7pm
November 13th 2021 live virtual event 7pm
1. Items must be made of at least 75% recycled/reused/reclaimed materials.
2. 1-3 outfits can be showcased per artist
3. Submit 1 photo per piece, displaying each of your pieces
4. Provide an artist statement to introduce your work. You may also provide information to be read by the mc while your pieces are showcased
5. All work for final display must be of the same quality and type of work that was submitted to the jury and we reserve the right to exclude items not meeting the original submission.
6. All wearable art must be videotaped on your models with good lighting and a stable camera in full shot and close up and the video supplied to Staci Bernstein (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Oct 22nd. Or schedule a 45 min time slot with Staci and bring runway ready models to be videotaped Oct 19.
7. All background music must be authorized ASCAP or original work by permission.
8. Artist agreed to pay a 30% commission on pieces sold as a result of this show to Seattle ReCreative – in care of Seattle Recycled Arts to help offset operating cost.
9. Artists are responsible for providing their own models, hair and makeup. Please contact us to access a roster of interested models and volunteers.
10. Accepted designers must log-in live streaming for the pre-show and live
Calls & SubmissionsExhibitionFashionSeattleSeattle Recycled Arts