Seeks Communications & Administrative Assistant / Employment
SAF seeks an enthusiastic full-time (32 hours a week), communications/administrative assistant to join our small but mighty team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in building a career in non-profit /arts management, as it offers valuable experience in a number of critical areas. This position reports to the Executive Director, but works closely with the Board, volunteers and other staff. SAF’s offices are located at the Center for Architecture and Design and this position is also responsible for some shared Center duties.
• Oversee the maintenance and development of website content for SAF and the Center
• Coordinate e-newsletters and assist with member and donor communications
• Develop and implement new marketing, social media and public outreach strategies
• Manage communications and marketing efforts for SAF programs
Administrative functions (45%):
• Serve as receptionist 1-2 days a week and respond to inquiries via phone and email
• Manage contact lists, data bases, donor acknowledgements and agency calendar
• Process checks, invoices and payments, make deposits, and enter data as appropriate
• Manage office technology, ordering of office supplies and shared gallery maintenance.
• Oversee process of facility rentals for outside organizations
Program Support functions (15%):
• Assist with volunteer management by processing applications and coordinating events
• Assist with events, mobile app, tours and meeting planning, including coordinating schedules,
vendors, registration, surveys and tracking of statistics and special projects
Qualifications and Skills:
• One – two years of experience in marketing, donor or administrative support, communications,
social media, or related skills
• Experience and comfort level in working with complex office systems and technology
• Strong organizational skills, ability to problem solve, and have an eye for detail
• Ability to provide excellent customer service, in writing and verbally
• Excellent in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint (experience with donor databases a plus)
• Experience with graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress a plus
This is a full-time position (32-35 hours per week). This position is hourly and compensated at rate of
$19.50- $21.00/hour, DOE. Hours are generally Tues – Friday, between 10 am – 6 pm, however we are
open to discussing an alternative schedule. The primary duties of this position are expected to be
performed in person, however some accommodations for remote work will be provided, if desired.
Generous PTO, healthcare and transportation benefits are included. Our office is located in downtown
Seattle at the Center for Architecture and Design located at 1010 Western Ave.
Please submit resume and thoughtful cover letter which explains your interest in this position to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Providing a writing sample of 1-3 pages or link to blog, etc. is highly
recommended and will be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed as received and qualified candidates
may be interviewed before the closing date of July 13. No calls or office visits please.
SAF is committed to becoming a more inclusive organization and is an equal opportunity employer. Our
goal is to have our staff, board and all who are actively involved with the organization represent the
diversity in our city. We encourage Individuals from all cultures, communities and historically
underrepresented and marginalized groups to apply.
For more information on SAF please visit our website at www.seattlearchitecture.org