Seeks Communications Associate / Employment
The Communications Associate enhances awareness of OtB, and helps to build audience, ensuring that the media, the field, our community, and the public know who we are, what we do, why it matters, and what sets us apart.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing/PR campaigns designed to meet or exceed revenue, attendance, and engagement goals
• Support OtB’s racial and social equity goals
• Support clear and effective communications for all OtB performances, programs, and operations
Communications & Public Relations
• Draft press releases in collaboration with internal teams
• Write and edit content for print/digital collateral in collaboration with internal teams
• Build relationships with print and online media, arts writers, and influencers
• Build relationships with community contacts and organizations to support audience engagement strategy
• Use templates to produce program booklets, signage, and collateral for performances
• Collaborate with Designer on brand positioning and standards
• Manage and produce weekly e-newsletters using MailChimp and Patron Manager
• Manage OtB’s social media presence; schedule, post, and respond to relevant online content
• Manage content updates to ontheboards.org; coordinate with Designer on content and user experience strategy
• Measure and report impact of content and campaigns in digital media channels
Advertising & Marketing
• Develop and implement promotional campaigns designed to meet or exceed revenue, attendance, and engagement goals
• Negotiate advertising contracts and secure media sponsorships
• Coordinate direct mail projects with Designer
• Measure and report impact of campaigns
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Excels in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with accurate and timely results
• Expert at social media
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative, open-office environment; excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with Adobe InDesign
• Experience working in a communications role, preferably within an arts or cultural organization
• Excellent writing skills that
o Help shape and execute OtB’s brand voice
o Help translate curatorial language for a wide range of potential audiences (including students, first-time ticket buyers, etc.)
• Strong project management skills (including ability to use project management software like Asana)
• Ability to work across teams to develop insightful narratives and promotional campaigns in support of key communications priorities.
• Familiarity with layout tools in Adobe InDesign (for templated performance programs and flyers)
Status: Part-Time Regular (30 hours weekly)
Reports to: Director of External Relations
Collaborates with: Designer, Artistic Director, Associate Producer, Director of Audience Services, Development Director
Compensation: $26,250-28,500 for .75 FTE, ($16.82-$18.26 per hour)
Benefits: Eligible for partially-subsidized medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment and life insurance. Employee must contribute a percentage as payroll deduction. Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
On the Boards is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse, accessible workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Our building and offices are ADA accessible and we strive to make any additional accommodations. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Must have, or be willing to acquire, legal authorization to work in the United States.
Email cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com (subject line: Communications and PR Search) Position open until filled.