Seeks Development Coordinator / Employment
Development Coordinator (.5 FTE; Non-exempt)
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: ~20 hours/week; flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends; potential to develop into .75 or 1 FTE position
Compensation: $21-$24/hour DOE
MISSION: Coyote sparks creativity in young people, putting tools in their hands to build skills and forge their future.
Over 1,700 young people ages 10 to 16 come to Coyote Central year-round for 20-hour hands-on workshops with professional artists, chefs, furniture makers, fashion designers, metal artists, animators, dancers, filmmakers, and many other creative people.
Our main campus is in the Central District, but we are planning a second site in Lake City, with a goal to launch programs there in 2020. That capital project will require a $2.4 million capital campaign to fund the building purchase/renovation and the capacity building required to launch programming at Coyote North.
Coyote culture is grounded in equity, ingenuity, collaboration, and fun. Any new member of the team will be welcomed warmly but also challenged to perform at a high level. Every member of the staff has an equal voice in collaborative decision making, and every member shares an investment in and commitment to the organization and its mission.
Development Coordinator Job Description
The Development Coordinator’s immediate priority will be the capital campaign, launching in Summer 2019, with a primary ongoing focus on donor stewardship. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that all donors feel acknowledged and are encouraged to deepen their connection with Coyote. The DC will also take ownership of the annual development plan and appeal, and will support existing Coyote fundraising events such as the annual auction and monthly guest chef events.
Donor Stewardship (35%)
– Collaborates with E.D. and BOD Fundraising Committee to craft donor appreciation strategies
– Designs and implements a donor communication calendar
– Maintains accurate annotated database of all donors in Salesforce
– Tracks all donor communications and helps E.D. manage the big picture
– Prepares donor prospect lists for specific initiatives
– Works with Communications Director to create donor communications (all formats)
– Implements all donor appreciation initiatives (mail, phone, meetings, events)
Capital Campaign Coordination (30%)
– Facilitates campaign events
– Maintains the campaign calendar
– Coordinates Steering Committee meetings and logistics
– Tracks committee member assignments
– Tracks campaign progress and prepares reports
– Assists E.D. in grant proposals and reporting
– Manages community phase of the campaign
Annual Appeal (20%)
– Designs and schedules annual giving campaign
– Works with Communications Director to design materials in all formats for appeal
– Identifies different tiers of donors and calibrates appeals accordingly
– Tracks results and assesses effectiveness
– Designs and implements all donor acknowledgments
– Coordinates all fundraising events with annual development plan and calendar
– Assists fellow staff in event management as requested
We are looking for someone who:
– will thrive on making personal connections across Coyote’s community
– is an excellent communicator with any audience
– is highly organized and detail oriented
– has a mighty work ethic with excellent follow through
– has a warm and dynamic presence
– is personally committed to equity and inclusion
We are looking for someone with experience in:
– development work and fundraising initiatives, especially capital campaigns
– donor database management in Salesforce for Non-Profits or similar programs
– donor communications in all mediums, including written appeals
– event management
TO APPLY: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a cover letter describing your relevant work experience and what attracts you to this position.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
Stay Up to Date
Artist Trust works hard to to serve thousands of individual artists across Washington State each year, but we can't do it without you! Explore ways you can support artists like year-round.