Seeks Development Director / Employment
As the Development Director, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategies that secure all contributed income for Seattle JazzED. Through the telling of the JazzED story, you will build authentic relationships with funders to ensure long-term partnerships. You will be well-versed in community centric fundraising practices and will strive to implement these practices in your work at JazzED. You will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors, to create and implement the fundraising strategy.
Because we are a small staff, we have an “all hands on deck” philosophy. For big events like concerts, community events and the annual gala fundraiser, all staff pitch-in even though event tasks may fall outside the scope of one’s normal job. This position reports to the Executive Director.
• Develop strategies to successfully build a large donor base and ensure effective fundraising.
• Develop and implement fundraising campaigns, including the Fall/Winter Campaign, Annual Gala, GiveBIG, Major Gifts, and other special projects
• Develop key donor messages, in partnership with Communications Manager
• Coordinate donor communication, reporting and thanking activities within fundraising campaigns
• Plan and execute the Annual Gala, in partnership with the Executive Director and with the support of staff and the Gala Committee, including ticket sales marketing, attendee communication, day-of volunteer management, in-kind donation solicitation, donor cultivation and stewardship.
• Manage certain capital campaign activities in partnership with the Executive Director and Capital Campaign Consultant.
• Grant writing and reporting as assigned
• CRM management: Oversee the maintenance of donor database
• Measure performance of development activities using ROI and other key development performance indicators like conversion and retention.
• Manage development services vendors, spending and budgets
• Stay current on development trends and adjust strategies accordingly
• Ensure high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications with grantees and partners in the field.
• Manage Development staff, including Communications Manager and Development Associate, plus additional staff as the organization grows.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• A commitment to dismantling systemic racism, sexism and economic inequality by keeping these issues centered in your work.
• 5+ years’ work experience in a Development Director or Development Manager position
• Demonstrated success cultivating donor relationships and meeting fundraising goals
• 2+ years’ experience managing staff
• Passion for youth development, arts education and non-profits
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficient with fundraising technology
• Personal qualities of integrity, warmth, and a sense of humor
• You must be able to pass a criminal background check
• Persons of color strongly encouraged to apply
• Salary range: $65,000 to $85,000
• Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
• Retirement employer match
• Generous PTO (5 weeks) and paid holidays
• Flex time policy
• Professional development opportunities
• Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• IMPORTANT: Include your full name and the title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your application email
• Application deadline: Friday April 30, 2021, position open until filled
• Tentative Start Date: June 1, 2021