Seeks Director of Education / Employment
May 31, 2021
Organization Name: Bellevue Arts Museum
Organization Location: Bellevue, WA
DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
The Bellevue Art Museum (BAM) is hiring a Director of Education. This senior management position will provide key vision and leadership for all of BAM’s educational programming, including lectures, workshops, performances, camps, community outreach, docents, tours and more. The Director will oversee two full-time staff, as well as seasonal staff, interns and volunteers.
This is a full-time exempt position. Compensation is within the $50k – $60k range annually, depending on experience and includes a competitive benefit package.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
· Leadership and strategic planning – Lead and communicate visioning, strategic planning, evaluation and development of BAM’s Education Department and community programs. Partner and collaborate with other BAM Departments and staff to implement the shared vision and mission.
· Program Development, Implementation, and Evaluation – collaborate with Education staff to develop and implement educational and community programs related to BAM’s mission and exhibitions. Coordinate with speakers, artists, curators, panelists and sponsors to create innovative and engaging experiences for BAM visitors and students. Create and manage a system for ongoing program evaluation and feedback.
· Community Partners and Outreach – Develop and manage relationships with community organizations who partner with the Museum on educational programs related to the Museum’s mission. Oversee the Educator Advisory Board to create strong relationships with local teachers, students and schools.
· Interactive and Gallery-based Learning – Oversee BAM’s Community Education Gallery (CEG), interactive learning spaces and other programs to create and promote educational enrichment and cultural awareness.
· Administration and Staff Management – Manage, develop and mentor the Education Department’s full-time, seasonal, part-time staff and interns. Prepare and monitor the annual budgeting. Develop funding and grant opportunities and perform other administrative duties.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Knowledge of art, art history, museums and audience engagement.
· Confident public speaker who exhibits tactful, diplomatic and empathetic interpersonal skills.
· Collaborate team player and experienced manager of a diverse and talented staff.
· Knowledge and experience in audience development, community outreach and audience research and evaluation.
· Experienced teacher, trainer and program facilitator.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in art, art history, museology, art education, and/or arts administration with minimum of 5 years’ experience in education, arts, museums or related fields.
For a detailed job description and instructions on how to apply for this position, visit www.bellevuearts.org/about-us/our-community/jobs-internships.
For more information about the Bellevue Art Museums’ Mission, Vision, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Statement, Land Acknowledgement and History, visit www.bellevuearts.org/about-us
Bellevue Art MuseumDirector Of EducationFull TimeManagementPositionSalary