Seeks Education Manager / Employment
December 1, 2019
Organization Name: The Vera Project
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
The Vera Project’s Education Manager works to continuously and collaboratively develop, administer, and evaluate educational programming organization-wide. Collaborating closely with the program staff and VERA’s membership, this position is integral in offering transformative learning opportunities in music, visual arts & screen printing, community organizing, and career readiness to folx of all ages.
Education & Program Development
● Coordinating and overseeing VERA’s classes, workshops, mentorships, and other
educational programming in collaboration with staff and programmatic committees.
● Facilitating the development, implementation, and standardization of curricula for
programming organization-wide, including live and recorded sound, screen printing,
community organizing, and more.
● Co-managing programmatic pipelines for experiential education and career-connected
● Planning and overseeing the scheduling of classes and other educational offerings with
the Facilities & Operations Coordinator, Programs Director, and program instructors.
● Co-developing and updating program materials as needed
● Serving as the liaison and thought partner to all VERA instructors.
● Conducting outreach to new potential students and community stakeholders through
public schools, colleges, nonprofits, and community events.
● Collaborating in the recruitment and development of community educators.
● Creating new educational offerings as requested and co-developed by VERA members
● Overseeing The Vera Project’s internship programming, including internal opportunities,
external placement, and partnerships with the City of Seattle’s Office of Arts and Culture
● Coordinating internal trainings and workshops with the Executive Director and Programs
Monitoring & Evaluation
● Monitoring and evaluating educational programming, harnessing a wide variety of
institutional metrics and constituent feedback to improve offerings
● Creating detailed and engaging reports on program accomplishments and key
● Overseeing program budgets, keeping staff accountable to collaboratively set goals and
outcomes with the Executive Director and Programs Director
● Maintaining various aspects of VERA’s database and constituent management platforms
● Managing the further development and implementation of VERA’s community
● Conducting regular audits of all classes and other educational offerings to ensure they
are mission-aligned and meet cultural competency standards
● Experience and interest in developing & managing educational programs
● Background working in formal and/or informal educational spaces
● Dedication to fostering an inclusive and accessible learning environment
● High level of organization and professionalism
● Commitment to equity and inclusion
● Ability to work collaboratively with large groups of volunteers of all ages and lived
● Proficiency or commitment to learning G Suite, Microsoft Office, and basic database
platforms, with a special focus on building and maintaining spreadsheets.
● Flexible schedule including evenings & weekends
Hours: 30 hours/week, Salaried
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $29,640-32,760 (.75 FTE) DOE
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit a cover letter and resume by 11:59pm PST on Sunday,
December 1st 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Education Manager, YOUR
FIRST/LAST NAME” in the subject line.
EducationEmploymentManagerThe Vera ProjectVera