Seeks Education Manager / Employment
The Vera Project’s Education Manager works to continuously and collaboratively develop, administer, and evaluate educational programming organization-wide. Collaborating closely with the program staff and VERA’s membership, this position is integral in offering transformative learning opportunities in music, visual arts & screen printing, community organizing, and career readiness to folx of all ages.
Education & Program Development
● Coordinating and overseeing VERA’s classes, workshops, mentorships, and other
educational programming in collaboration with staff and programmatic committees.
● Facilitating the development, implementation, and standardization of curricula for
programming organization-wide, including live and recorded sound, screen printing,
community organizing, and more.
● Co-managing programmatic pipelines for experiential education and career-connected
● Planning and overseeing the scheduling of classes and other educational offerings with
the Facilities & Operations Coordinator, Programs Director, and program instructors.
● Co-developing and updating program materials as needed
● Serving as the liaison and thought partner to all VERA instructors.
● Conducting outreach to new potential students and community stakeholders through
public schools, colleges, nonprofits, and community events.
● Collaborating in the recruitment and development of community educators.
● Creating new educational offerings as requested and co-developed by VERA members
● Overseeing The Vera Project’s internship programming, including internal opportunities,
external placement, and partnerships with the City of Seattle’s Office of Arts and Culture
● Coordinating internal trainings and workshops with the Executive Director and Programs
Monitoring & Evaluation
● Monitoring and evaluating educational programming, harnessing a wide variety of
institutional metrics and constituent feedback to improve offerings
● Creating detailed and engaging reports on program accomplishments and key
● Overseeing program budgets, keeping staff accountable to collaboratively set goals and
outcomes with the Executive Director and Programs Director
● Maintaining various aspects of VERA’s database and constituent management platforms
● Managing the further development and implementation of VERA’s community
● Conducting regular audits of all classes and other educational offerings to ensure they
are mission-aligned and meet cultural competency standards
● Experience and interest in developing & managing educational programs
● Background working in formal and/or informal educational spaces
● Dedication to fostering an inclusive and accessible learning environment
● High level of organization and professionalism
● Commitment to equity and inclusion
● Ability to work collaboratively with large groups of volunteers of all ages and lived
● Proficiency or commitment to learning G Suite, Microsoft Office, and basic database
platforms, with a special focus on building and maintaining spreadsheets.
● Flexible schedule including evenings & weekends
Hours: 30 hours/week, Salaried
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $29,640-32,760 (.75 FTE) DOE
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit a cover letter and resume by 11:59pm PST on Sunday,
December 1st 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Education Manager, YOUR
FIRST/LAST NAME” in the subject line.
Stay Up to Date
Artist Trust works hard to to serve thousands of individual artists across Washington State each year, but we can't do it without you! Explore ways you can support artists like year-round.