Seeks Executive Director / Employment
October 22, 2021
Organization Name: Icicle Creek Center for the Arts
Organization Location: Leavenworth, WA
ABOUT ICICLE CREEK CENTER FOR THE ARTS (“ICCA”)
Mission: Icicle Creek Center for the Arts inspires and nurtures the human spirit through learning, creating and performing in a spectacular mountain setting.
Vision: World-class arts education and performance
Values: Committed to a culture of excellence; Engaged in our community with trust and respect; Accessible, equitable and inclusive
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Executive Director of ICCA is responsible for the overall success of fulfilling ICCA’s mission by providing leadership, overseeing the day-to-day operations, strategic vision and operating excellence. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, it is the Executive Director’s responsibility to accomplish the objectives and goals while updating the board and to ensure achievement of ICCA’s mission, vision, values, and financial objectives.
Opens September 24, 2021, until position is filled
Initial application deadline: October 22, 2021
Submit application to: Icicle Creek Center for the Arts
Attn: Board Search
PO Box 2071
Leavenworth, WA 98826
Or email to: email@example.com
For more information: icicle.org
Questions: Katie Anderson, Board President (mobile 206-999-6219)
Ellen Beardsley, President-Elect (mobile 425-765-6895)
Please include a cover letter, resume, and your responses to the following questions:
1. How have you demonstrated creativity, resilience and flexibility in your professional work in the past eighteen months?
2. Please describe a situation in which you solved a problem and resolved conflict with a workplace team, your supervisor, a partner organization, or co-workers.
3. Tell us about a workplace initiative, program, or work product of which you are especially proud.
In your responses to these questions, please describe the context and challenges of the situation, the actions you took, and the results of your efforts. Please limit each response to not more than two pages.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrated experience in leading a non-profit business organization
• Demonstrated experience in arts education, arts performance administration, arts program oversight
• Demonstrated experience working with a non-profit board, volunteers and community partner organizations to achieve mission and objectives
• Budgeting and financial management (annual operating budget of $1 – $1.5 million range)
• Fundraising – annual giving and endowment campaigns
• Planning to achieve measurable results
• Leading and developing staff (currently four persons)
• Grantwriting, grant administration and reporting ($5,000 – $120,000)
• Negotiating and managing agreements
• Effectively engaging an audience through stage presence and public speaking
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with professional artists and various arts genres
• Advocating and representing ICCA in the community
• Marketing, publicity, promotions
• Managing capital facilities
• Engaging with staff in managing programming and special events
If you’re interested in this position but are concerned that you don’t meet all of the requirements or possess all of the necessary skills, we would still encourage you to submit an application for review and consideration.
Bachelors degree, plus four years related experience
Or twelve years specific experience in non-profit arts management and administration
• Position works out of the ICCA office in Leavenworth, WA; limited remote work
• Maintain primary residence in Wenatchee Valley
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
• Ability to walk the campus property unassisted, climb steps to the performance stages, as well as sit and stand for extended periods
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
The annual salary range is $72,000 – $80,000, plus benefit package. However, compensation is negotiable and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
EmploymentIcicle Creek Center For The ArtsJobsLeavenworth