Seeks Executive Director / Employment
October 31, 2019
Organization Name: SIFF
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) believes in the power of film. By celebrating original stories, diverse perspectives, and rich
emotional journeys, we grow understanding, action, and vibrancy in our communities. Beginning
in 1976 with the annual Seattle International Film Festival, expanding into SIFF Education, and
most recently operating our year-round five-screen SIFF Cinema, we provide experiences that
bring people together to discover extraordinary films from around the world. It is through the art of
cinema that we foster a community that is more informed, aware, and alive.
OVERVIEW AND IMPACT
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the new Executive Director will lead a non-profit organization
with a $5M+ annual budget, a year-round staff of ~60 people, 90 seasonal staff, hundreds of
volunteers, and a 20+ person Board of Directors. For a full description of the position, please see
the position profile.
• Drive strategic planning and implementation with the Board, Artistic Director, and staff,
ensuring plans and actions further SIFF’s mission.
• Increase contributed and earned income, provide financial management, manage capital
campaigns, and enhance the financial stability of the organization.
• Oversee facilities operations and management, and guide technology investments.
• Represent SIFF with the broader community of patrons, peer organizations, elected
officials, and educators.
• Provide leadership and development of the year-round staff and volunteers in the
• Seven or more years of management responsibility of similar scope and visibility to SIFF,
preferably in the arts, entertainment, or hospitality sectors; nonprofit experience a plus.
• Demonstrated quantifiable success in fundraising with a proven track record in either
donor stewardship or business development.
• Strong strategic planning, staff development, communications, public speaking, and
financial management skills.
• Experience managing physical facilities and operations preferred.
Send cover letter and résumé outlining demonstrable accomplishments, a verifiable track record
of results, and salary expectations to EDsearch@siff.net. If electronic submission is unavailable,
please send to: SIFF Film Center; 305 Harrison Street; Seattle, WA 98109.
SIFF is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to hire candidates that reflect the cultural
diversity of our community. We welcome and encourage qualified candidates from all national,
religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds, from all gender expressions and sexual identities, and
from persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.