Seeks Fine Art Sales & Marketing / Employment
November 2, 2019
Organization Name: Foster/White Gallery
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Foster/White Gallery is hiring for a full time member of our Sales and Marketing team. As one of Seattle’s longest established and well respected galleries, we pride ourselves on the professionalism and friendliness of our staff. We represent emerging, mid-career and established artists working with a mastery of their chosen medium to make a statement in their respective fields. Our hours are; Tues – Sat. 10 – 6 pm and after 8 p.m. on First Thursday.
We are looking for an energetic, warm and engaging personality to create and maintain client relationships with discerning collectors based in Seattle and around the world. A high level of attention to detail and knowledge of fine art are essential to success.
This is first and foremost a sales position. Other responsibilities include press communications, social media, managing inventory, gallery maintenance, and exhibition installation.
– Exceptional customer service
– Superior oral and written communication skills
– High level of professionalism and maturity
– Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure
– 3 – 5 years experience in fine art sales, high end retail or a similar environment.
– Logical thinking and problem solving skills
– Heavy lifting ability (50 lbs)
– Comfortable working on a ladder
– Computer knowledge essential
– A valid driver’s license
Experience with the following is considered an asset:
– Commercial gallery sales or luxury sales experience
– Adobe CS, Microsoft Office
– Arts administration, art history, communication, marketing
– Art handling experience
We welcome you to stop by the gallery with your resume, cover letter and writing sample. Our address is 220 Third Avenue South in Seattle. If coming by in person is not feasible for you, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter detailing your aptitude for sales and marketing along with a writing sample which demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively about art.
Please no phone calls.
Art SalesEmploymentFine ArtFoster/whiteMarketingSales