Seeks Full-Time Fundraising & Development Manager / Employment
We are growing!
Earshot Jazz is looking to add a full-time Development Manager to its small team of passionate music and event professionals. This person would be an essential part of shaping and managing a vibrant, dynamic, and well-respected arts organization in this critical phase of its growth, contributing skills and talent to the creation and execution of compelling fundraising campaigns. Our perks and benefits include premier desk space in our ultra-sunny, pet-friendly office in the vibrant Fremont neighborhood, remote work possible up to 2 days per week, two weeks paid vacation, additional time off possible during off-peak season, plus jazz performances year-round!
1. Help Earshot Jazz design and build a platform for sustainable development programs, including:
• Individual Giving through Annual Fund Campaigns
• Major Giving Campaigns including Fundraising and Special Events
• Corporate Sponsorship Program
• Membership Program
• Grant Program
• General Donor Relations and Stewardship
2. Assist in updating and maintaining the annual fundraising plan and fundraising budget.
3. Provide leadership in developing new annual gift strategies; identify and implement strategies to steward members and annual donors to major gifts.
4. Create and manage direct mail and email appeals, event-based appeals, and online giving.
5. Update and manage the annual grant-writing plan. This includes enlisting support from leadership to identify funding priorities, and conducting research to identify prospective grant funders. Coordinate with the staff to write grant proposals and reports to government, corporate, foundation and other funders.
6. Maintain the donor database and manage gift processing. Interface with team members to ensure accurate and timely reconciliation between accounting and development gift records. Maintain security and quality control. Generate queries, reports, exports and other data as needed.
7. Responsible for monitoring donor stewardship plan, including pitches, appeals, producing correspondence which communicates how gifts have been used, preparing acknowledgment letters, and scheduling in-person visits.
8. Collaborate with staff and board in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding current and prospective major donors.
9. Manage donor events.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Earshot Jazz.
• Must be a positive team player and have a great sense of humor.
• 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising.
• Experience with individual giving programs highly desired.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and self-manage time and workflow in order to maximize efficiency.
• Detail oriented.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and Sheets.
• Proficiency with CRM software Patron Manager or Salesforce a plus.
This position is Full Time position and is expected to work a routine schedule of 40 hours/week, five days per week. Nights, weekend work, and significant efforts during the annual Earshot Jazz Festival is a requirement of the job. Flexibility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, passion for music, and cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who holds this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Earshot Jazz is committed to building a diverse staff that represents the diversity of the art form we serve. Earshot Jazz does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, ancestry, religion, political affiliation, age, gender, sexual identity, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Mission Statement: to ensure the legacy and progression of the art form, Earshot Jazz cultivates a vibrant jazz community by engaging audiences, celebrating artists, and supporting arts education.
Earshot Jazz is a valued member of Seattle’s vibrant cultural community. Perceived as both a spunky non-profit presenter and a proven cultural institution, Earshot celebrates Seattle’s connection to jazz with the fluid creativity that reflects the changing face and sound of our exciting city. The Earshot Jazz organization has affirmed that connection for 35 years by celebrating the African-American heritage and the global expansion of jazz through four interconnected program areas:
Presentation: Earshot has presented over 2,700 of Seattle’s most memorable concerts, emphasizing dynamic original work and the joy of the inventive spirit. We present affordable and free events throughout the region, and we collaborate creatively with local, national, and international partners.
Publication: Since 1984, over 1 million copies of the Earshot Jazz magazine have been distributed free of charge. Providing careful documentation of one of the most vibrant jazz scenes in the country, it includes profiles of resident artists, reviews of recent releases, promotion of live performances, and a calendar of all jazz performances in the city.
Education: Earshot Jazz fuels the future of jazz by supporting all aspects of jazz education, producing workshops, master classes, school assembly programs, panels, and artist engagements for students, artists, and audiences of all ages.
Leadership and Special Projects: We commission new work, present annual awards honoring Seattle artists, curate regional festivals, provide artist assistance, bolster other Seattle jazz initiatives, and participate in the national and international field.
Earshot Jazz is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year DOE
Stay Up to Date
Artist Trust works hard to to serve thousands of individual artists across Washington State each year, but we can't do it without you! Explore ways you can support artists like year-round.