Seeks Lead Event Designer / Employment
September 6, 2019
Organization Name: Lola Creative
Organization Location: Edmonds, WA
Lola Creative is a bold event design and production company specializing in transformative environments, event fabrication, and artful design. Our clients are prominent corporations, innovative organizations, and private families.
We conceptualize big ideas and give them shape. Our goal is to connect humans to each other, their world, and shine a light on all the good our local organizations do.
This is a leadership role in our company. You will be the key person to social and corporate clients and will work closely with the creative director to ensure designs meet intent and creative goals. You will form event concepts, communicate those ideas clearly, break it down into pieces, cost estimate, delegate those pieces to our staff, and lead the production and installation of each element. You will work closely with the creative director to ensure the event is on budget, buildable, and of high quality.
We will hire you because you are a great fit for our company, are adept at taking a good idea, communicating that idea visually, and executing it.
We are not necessarily trying to find someone with experience in this particular role at another company. We want a great attitude, great ideas, a good manager, and someone with an aptitude to figure things out and think on their feet.
This position is highly flexible and adapted to the individual. You have the chance to shape our company with the types of events you would like to build. Your particular tastes should be bold, artistic, with an interest in sustainability. We are looking for people with a unique perspective.
This position is a great blend of computer work, face-to-face meetings, and physical work. Sometimes arduous physical work- sometimes for a long time.
While you may work from home sometimes, most work will be done at our production studio in Edmonds, WA, so travel to and from Edmonds CANNOT be an issue. You will attend weekly check-ins with the creative director and team.
You might be a good fit if most of these statements are true:
– You geek out about how things go together.
– You like to mash up different ideas and materials to get something new.
– You can do hard things.
– You can keep my cool when under pressure.
– You’re comfortable presenting to large teams of clients and stakeholders.
– You can delegate.
– People tend to like you.
– You trust myself.
– You are deserving of others’ trust.
– You are not interested in starting your own business.
– You have an understanding of how things go together
– Possess a valid Washington State drivers license with a clean driving record-Must speak, read and write English fluently
– Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs and operate dollies and carts
– Must be able or willing to learn how to drive vans and large trucks up to 16 feet long. (moving truck size)
– Must be able to stand/walk and focus for long periods of time
– Must be comfortable with heights and working on a ladder
– Must have flexible availability and the ability to work late nights and some weekends
– Must be detail-oriented, with close attention to the care needed for fragile items-
– Must be able to read a map and be good with locating Event Venues in the Seattle Area
– Prior experience in the Event Industry, Environmental Design, Building Anything, or Scenic industry a plus.
– Must have a vehicle.
– Must have regular access to the internet
– Must be proficient in using email, social media apps, websites, and web search.
Job Type: Full-time, Salary DOE
Benefits: Flexible schedule, 6 weeks flex/ sick time, health benefits, CREATIVE WORK!
Required education: High school or equivalent
– Must understand how to make things.
– Must show successful experience in a role with a high level of responsibility and autonomy.
– Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented creative environment.
– Demonstrated experience leading one or more people.
– Demonstrated experience concepting, planning, and executing an idea/ product/ experience.
– Excellent organization and time management skills.
– Excellent Communication to clients and staff.
Additional skills and background that are a bonus (let us know if you have them!):
– Experience in the event industry (i.e. catering, venue management, floral/ décor, planning/ coordination, etc.)
– Photography and videography interest/ experience
– Set Design
– Drawing/ Drafting (various design fields)
– Graphic Design
– SketchUp/ 3D modeling
– Construction (wood, metal)
– Rigging and staging
– Social Media
– Floral Design
– The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
– The employee is required to stand, walk and use hands to finer, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl. – The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy. The temperature will vary from hot to cold depending on the weather. The employee must be able to drive a 16′ truck- will train.
1. Send resume and cover letter explaining what you look forward to about this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Lead Event Designer Position”.
2. Send images of something you have made. If the work was a collaboration, please explain your role in its creation. Include any planning documents, sketches, or process information where applicable.
EmploymentLead Event Designer