Seeks Marketing & Development Coordinator / Employment
November 8, 2019
Organization Name: Shunpike
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
About Shunpike: Shunpike’s mission is to empower artists through equitable access to vital expertise, opportunities, and business services. We provide groups with back-office services that strengthen their day-to-day operations, while also offering strategic guidance that leads them toward their long-term goals.
About the Role: the Marketing & Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing Shunpike’s marketing and development efforts, as well as supporting the smooth administrative functioning of Shunpike (the organization) and the Shunpike office.
Reports To: Executive Director
Position Responsibilities: the Marketing & Development Coordinator is responsible for –
Marketing and Communications (40%)
– Creating and implementing social media strategy; maintaining Shunpike website and social media platforms; preparation of mailings, flyers, and online campaigns to support programs and donor relations
– Coordinating monthly e-newsletters and sending out semi-regular communications to fiscally sponsored groups through MailChimp.
– Designing digital and print assets for a variety of messaging, branding, marketing, and advertising needs, including: social media, email, website, invitations, sponsorship packets
– Preparing and maintaining printed materials such as business cards, program flyers, organizational brochures, etc.
Development Support (30%)
– Accurately recording and receipting all donations received, generating reports from Salesforce, sending out donor receipts and thank you letters, handling corporate match donations
– Maintaining a grants calendar and assisting ED with general grants management
– Generating monthly donor reports for fiscally sponsored arts groups and uploading these to client portal
– Setting up Shunpike’s annual online fundraising campaigns, annual end-of-year campaign, and coordinating the planning and delivery of Shunpike’s annual fundraising gala (GOLDEN).
– Database Management – maintaining accurate and complete records across Shunpike’s CRM database system including, but not limited to, events, donors, vendors, and customers.
Program Support (20%)
– Assisting with the planning and delivery of Shunpike events including, but not limited to, coordinating invitations, managing RSVP’s, applications and registrations as required, booking venues and speakers, arranging travel or catering.
Office & General Administrative Coordination (10%)
– Maintaining Board and Board Committee contact lists, maintaining Board member files including recording and maintaining Board contracts, pledges and dues, maintaining Board manual, attending Board meetings and recording minutes, ensuring the timely distribution of all Board and Committee papers including agendas, minutes, reports, and any other documentation as required, and supporting Board and Committee members in the delivery of
their duties as requested.
– Receiving and distributing mail, maintaining office supplies and equipment (including IT infrastructure), coordinating mail-outs, filing, overseeing the maintenance and renewal of organizational insurance, licenses, permits, leases and service contracts, researching new
administrative products, equipment, consultants and/or service providers as required, collating and sending checks and managing Shunpike’s interns and volunteers.
– You have a Bachelor Degree or work experience equivalent, and at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in an arts context.
– You want to make use of all your communications and people skills and enjoy working with a variety of projects and events.
– You are personable and patient, have a cheerful disposition, a great sense of humor, and you’re able to operate and respond in a rapid-fire environment while still remaining cool, calm, and collected. You are an active listener who enjoys helping both emerging and established artists and arts administrators achieve their goals.
– You are an organized, multi-tasking, time-management whiz. Though a natural collaborator and loyal team player, you can manage responsibilities independently and are self-motivated to use your creativity, tenacity and savvy to solve problems as they arise.
– You have an eye for detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a high degree of discretion and professionalism. You have a knack for using and improving systems and consider technology your friend and ally.
– You are committed to Shunpike’s vision of a more equitable, diverse and inclusive Washington State for all artists and their communities. Inclusion means my voice is heard. Diversity means I am reflected and represented in the organization at every level. Equity means I am supported by systems and policies that ensure I succeed, despite historic patterns of hindered success. Shunpike is committed to this statement of equity and work to ensure that all staff and clients apply this lens to the work that they do.
The statements contained in this job description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
-Working in a Mac environment, practical knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator; Salesforce, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Analytics.
– Specific skills: Graphic design; experience with mobile-optimized web and email design. Videography and/or video editing a plus.
Employment Status: Full-time 40 hrs/week. Some weekend and evening hours required.
Salary: $38,000-$42,000 per annum. 4 weeks PTO + 8 paid holidays offered annually + ORCA card + Health/Dental/Vision Benefits.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume, up to 3 writing/visual presentation samples, and 3 references attn: Line Sandsmark to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Marketing & Development Coordinator” in the subject line.
Deadline: Position open until filled. Priority given to applications received by November 8, 2019.
OUR HIRING PROCESS & TIMELINE:
– We will read your cover letter first; it’s important for us to understand whether this is the right fit for you. In your cover letter, please be sure to tell us why you are interested in this job, what you like about Shunpike, and share examples of past work you’ve done that makes you a strong candidate. Feel free to share examples of work done in school or as a volunteer if that makes more sense.
– We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
– We will schedule interviews for mid-November.
– Finalists will be invited to a second-round one-hour interview, and we will make an offer shortly thereafter.
– We would like to have the selected candidate start in early December.
Shunpike is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment policies and programs are nondiscriminatory in regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. People of color, LGBTQ individuals and women are encouraged to apply.