Seeks Performers for 2020 festival! / Employment
Intersections is a comedy festival focused on equity, inclusion, and representation. Our third annual festival will take place March 26-29, 2020 and is produced in association with Theatre Off Jackson!
We showcase performers in improv, sketch, stand-up, spoken word, music, theatre, dance, burlesque, drag, storytelling, and more! Intersections focuses on inclusion in terms of race, gender, disability, and LGBTQIA+. We hope these performances bring new voices to the forefront, and spark conversation and action for social justice and representation in our community.
We celebrate incredible performers who enrich our community through their unique identities. We actively fight white supremacy, homophobia, transphobia, racism, sexism, ageism, and ableism. We strive to cultivate an environment of critical analysis, holding our community and ourselves accountable for the inequities that currently exist. We work to create and sustain systems that forge a new path in the direction of true equity.
Interested in performing in Intersections Festival 2020? Apply below! Some things to know:
- All applications are due by December 10th, 2019. We hope to notify all groups by January 13th whether or not they are being invited to perform during the festival.
- The application fee is $5. If this fee is at all prohibitive, please let us know and we’re happy to waive it. We want to make this opportunity completely accessible.
- The festival will take place March 26-29, 2020 and is produced in association with Theatre Off Jackson in the International District.
- We are seeking performers in improv, sketch, stand-up, spoken word, film, music, theatre, dance, burlesque, drag, aerial arts, clowning, circus – anything you consider comedy – to be showcased in a 4-day festival.
- We are focusing on inclusion in terms of race, gender, disability, and LGBTQIA+.
- Please apply with the material you plan on performing at the festival. Please select something that you feel is your very best comedic work. We would love for you to perform your best material, rather than workshopping new content.
- You will be paid $50 for your performance.
If you have questions, or alternate payment/submission requests, contact email@example.com
Stay Up to Date
Artist Trust works hard to to serve thousands of individual artists across Washington State each year, but we can't do it without you! Explore ways you can support artists like year-round.