Seeks Social Media Intern / Internships
October 7, 2019
Organization Name: Artist Trust
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Six-month internship, November 2019 – April 2020
Average of 12 hours/week
Artist Trust is a nonprofit dedicated to helping Washington State artists of all disciplines thrive. Founded in 1986, we were formed by a group of artists and arts lovers who came together to create support for art at its source: the artist. Since then, Artist Trust has invested over $10 million in Washington State artists through funding, trainings, and resources and has provided programs that meet the changing needs of artists. Artist Trust helps artists establish and maintain careers through direct support, connections, and advocacy. Artist Trust actively seeks to be equitable, accessible, and inclusive in its support of all individual artists in Washington State.
Internship Summary: The Social Media Intern is a volunteer, educational opportunity that assists with projects related to Artist Trust’s marketing, communications, and outreach activities. The responsibilities, benefits, and required skills and qualifications for this internship include:
• Work closely under supervision of the Communications Manager;
• Write content for and schedule 3-4 social media posts per week;
• Assist with Artist Trust blog and monthly e-newsletters;
• Aid Communications Manager in monitoring website and social media analytics;
• Support special projects as it suits one’s learning goals.
• Statewide networking opportunities in the arts and nonprofit sector;
• Become part of a knowledgeable and ambitious team of nonprofit and arts professionals;
• Gain experience with MailChimp, Hootsuite, and Adobe Creative Suite;
• Develop communications strategic planning and management skills;
• Access to Artist Trust programs, workshops, and events;
• A $1,000 honorarium at the completion of the six-month internship;
• A letter of recommendation/reference upon successful completion of the internship.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail, and highly organized;
• Ability to adapt to change, able to see the “big picture,” and has a sense of humor;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram;
• Strict adherence to professional discretion and confidentiality;
• A passion for the arts and interest in communications, arts administration or non-profit administration;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, willing to ask for direction when needed;
• Dedication to and enthusiasm for Artist Trust’s mission and experience with social justice and/or racial equity work preferred;
• Ability to commit to a six-month internship at 12 hours each week.
• Note: This internship is suited for aspiring nonprofit arts administrators seeking entry-level experience. Applicants need not be enrolled in or a graduate of a college degree program. Interns are not entitled to a job at the conclusion of their internship period and are not entitled to wages for their time.
This position is closely supervised by the Communications Manager and works collaboratively with the Artist Trust Programs and Development teams.
The Social Media Intern will be rewarded a $1,000 stipend after successful completion of a six-month internship (unless contracted through a university as a work study student).
Preference given to applications received by October 7, 2019, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please email the following to email@example.com with “Social Media Intern” in the subject line:
• Cover letter describing qualifications and what you will bring to the position;
• Professional resume;
• Two writing samples (press releases, published article, blog posts are acceptable);
• Three professional references with contact information.