Seeks Staff Accountant / Employment
October 14, 2019
Organization Name: Pilchuck Glass School
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining accounting records for PGS and works in the administrative office in Seattle, Washington. To accomplish this, the staff accountant works closely with the Development team, Campus Operations team, the CFO contractor, and the Seattle Gallery Assistant as well as PGS external vendors and service providers. Pilchuck currently uses MIP Software, therefore the accountant must be proficient in the use of this software. We may switch to QuickBooks in the future, but this experience is not required and can be trained if the change is made. Salary range is $50,000 – $56,000 (DOE) with standard benefits package: vacation, sick, and public transportation subsidy upon hire, and retirement eligibility after six months of employment.
• General Ledger maintenance work including managing the chart of accounts and program codes, posting of semi-monthly and seasonal payroll, month end and year end journal entries.
• Accounts Receivable: Cash receipts processing (cash, check, credit card) including donations, application and tuition payments, event revenues, and campus store and gallery sales via multiple payment processors.
• Reconciliation of accounting records with Accounts Receivable and revenue database.
• Accounts Payable including vendor file maintenance, vouchering and obtaining approval of invoices, generation of checks or initiation of wires or automated payments, seasonal honorariums and stipends, and annual 1099 preparation.
• Reconciliation and payment of organization credit cards.
• Full Time and Seasonal campus staff Payroll processing, coordinating with campus staff on seasonal employee set up and maintenance, time reporting and payroll cutoff dates. Payroll allocation through accounting system.
• Reconcile two bank accounts on a monthly basis.
• Assist in annual operating budget creation and input approved budget to accounting system.
• Create and distribute monthly financial reports for management to monitor budgets, and assist managers as necessary in analyzing budget variances.
• Track and analyze project or program expenditures as requested.
• Prepare and submit state and local agency filings and excise/sales monthly tax returns.
• Assist in accounting policy development, as needed. Ensure compliance with policies regarding expense reimbursement and check requests by training staff.
• Provide support for year-end audit and Federal tax return preparation.
• Insurance and benefit enrollment and un-enrollment for employees
• 401k plan and FSA management and filings
• General office duties including filing, record management and supply ordering for Seattle office.
• Other duties as assigned.
Strong experience with general ledger (MIP Abila Fund Accounting) and payroll processing (ADP)
Excellent written and verbal skills with an ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize work.
Detail oriented and organized
Willingness to improve and establish better systems to manage financial processes
Technology savvy including expertise in MS Office, databases (Raisers Edge preferred)
5 plus years accounting experience in a nonprofit organization.
Ability to drive to campus in Stanwood as needed.
Able to work weekends or extra hours to support events or meet deadlines.
Interviews will be rolling with a deadline to apply of Monday, October 14, 2019 at 5pm Pacific. Email resume, cover letter addressing relevant experience, and contact information for three (3) references to email@example.com. The email subject line should say “Staff Accountant [your name]. Name attached files a label that also includes your last name.
AccountantEmploymentPilchuck Glass SchoolPSGStaff Accountant