Seeks Teaching Artist / Employment
October 30, 2021
Organization Name: Vibrant Palette Art Center
Organization Location: Seattle, Wa
Vibrant Palette Arts Center is seeking to add to its Studio team a new Art Instructor to provide art instruction for artists enrolled in the program.
Client artists in Vibrant Palette’s Studio work with a wide range of media to create 2D and 3D artwork, including painting, drawing, mixed media, ceramics, woodwork, and textiles. The program is designed to provide client artists with opportunities to develop independence, self-direction, and creative expression while acquiring skills for art making and professional development.
The right candidate will be fully aligned with Vibrant Palette’s mission of empowering disabled artists, raising the visibility of their work, and building a more inclusive arts community in Seattle. We value creativity, self-expression, kindness, and accessibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develop and implement engaging instructional strategies that provide Vibrant Palette client artists with opportunities to explore and apply art-making techniques in painting, drawing, and/or mixed media.
● Set artistic goals and evaluate client artists’ progress from an artist-/person-centered perspective.
● Foster community building among client artists.
● Communicate and engage with client artists’ families and caregivers to support artists’ well-being and artistic and professional development.
● Monitor and document artist behavior, well-being, and attendance.
● Maintain a safe, organized and functional work area and positive classroom environment that supports client artists’ independent learning, collaboration, and choice; work with other staff to maintain Studio safety.
● Maintain sufficient high-quality art supplies and re-order as needed.
● Work cooperatively and professionally with other staff, volunteers, and client artists.
● Maintain client artist confidentiality in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
● Attend staff meetings and participate in special events.
● Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director. Qualifications: You are an ideal candidate if you:
● Have a master’s degree in fine arts (MFA) or a closely related field.
● Have experience working with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
● Familiarity with and ability to implement person-centered principles.
● Are a self-starter and work independently, and are inventive and able to multitask.
● Find satisfaction in helping others achieve their goals.
● Are enthusiastically committed to the vision, mission, and core values of Vibrant Palette.
● Possess compassion and respect for the community we support.
● Enjoy working in a diverse, creative, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
● Share with us a respect for diverse backgrounds and voices and a commitment to inclusion, accessibility, and equity.
● Have strong project management and collaboration skills.
● Are proficient with Google Suite and Zoom.
● Are a practicing, professional visual artist with a robust portfolio and exhibition history.
● Bachelor’s degree in fine arts (BFA) or a closely related field, or equivalent experience
● Minimum 1 year of teaching experience
● Flexibility, ability to adapt to frequently changing circumstances
● Successful completion of the following background checks and clearances, as mandated by the State of Washington.
● COVID-19 vaccination
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org