Seeks Temporary Finance and Data Specialist / Employment
July 7, 2021
Organization Name: Coyote Central
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 15-20 hrs/wk (weekly schedule flexible), Aug 2020- Jan 2021
Benefits: Paid Sick and Safe Time (accrued at the rate of 1 hour of PSST for every 40 hours worked)
Location: Coyote Central, 2300 E Cherry St, Seattle, WA 98122
Coyote Central is looking for a stellar human with experience in data management and bookkeeping to cover for our Operations Manager while she is on parental leave. This person will work out of our Central office and, while on site, will be a point of contact for other personnel, families, events, and partner programs.
The ideal candidate will be committed to Coyote’s mission and value that Coyote culture is grounded in equity, ingenuity, collaboration, and fun. Every member of the staff has a voice in collaborative decision making, and every member shares a commitment to the organization and its mission. We serve a lot of kids with a very small staff because each of us is both efficient and committed to Coyote and its community.
We are looking for someone who:
– is enthusiastic and hard-working
– is flexible and can easily pivot if necessary
– thrives on order and organization
– has innate attention to detail with consistent follow-through
– can balance multiple priorities
– can handle a degree of chaos with humor and equanimity
– enjoys being a part of a creative community
We are ideally looking for someone with experience in:
– QuickBooks, preferably Desktop Pro, or a similar financial software
– Salesforce or a similar CRM
– preferably a minimum of two years of experience with data and/or accounting
You will be trained on all processes and procedures by the Operations Manager during the month of August. In January, you will once again work with the Operations Manager to ensure a smooth transition at the end of your temporary position.
Finance and Bookkeeping (50%)
– Manage accounts payable and receivable, banking, and payroll
– Manage payments to all contractors
– Perform monthly reconciliations of various accounts
– Prepare and file all city, state, and federal reports
– Work with Community Engagement Managers to track tuition balances in Active Works
Data and Statistics (35%)
– Track enrollment demographics and statistics for all programming
– Assist Executive Director in compiling data and preparing reports for grant and Board reporting
– Record all donations in CRM (Salesforce)
– Assist Giving Coordinator in recording auction donations, sales, and donor data in Greater Giving and Salesforce
– Onboard all new staff, teaching artists, and volunteers, including conducting background checks and sending/receiving all paperwork
– Prepare and execute all teaching artist contracts
Coyote sparks creativity in young people, putting tools in their hands to build skills and forge their futures. Over 1,500 young people ages 10 to 16 come to Coyote year-round for 20-hour hands-on workshops with professional artists, chefs, furniture makers, fashion designers, metal artists, animators, dancers, filmmakers, and all manner of creative people. Our primary campus is in the heart of the Central District, but last year we opened a new site in Lake City so that more kids from different races, economic backgrounds, and cultures can come together for pay-what-works-for-you explorations of creativity during their out-of-school time.
Please email your resume and your answers to the following questions/prompts to Operations Manager, Jen Smoose, at email@example.com with the subject line “Temporary Finance and Data Specialist.”
– Why are you interested in this job?
– How do you stay organized when you have to juggle multiple tasks or projects?
– Tell us about any experience you have with middle schoolers.
– In this position, immediate guidance may not always be available. How do you perform in an autonomous environment? What do you need from your supervisor to feel supported?
– Tell us one oddball fact about you that might give us a window into your life outside the working world.
Coyote Central is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to organizational, personal, and systemic growth in equity. Coyote continues to build a teaching-artist roster, staff, and board that reflect the diversity and intersectionality of the students we serve. BIPOC, multilingual, LGBTQ, and non-binary folks are strongly encouraged to apply.
Coyote CentralDataEmploymentFinanceJobsOperationsPart TimeSeattleSpecialistTemporary