Something In The Wind, Exhibition / Calls & Submissions
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit “Something in the Wind” at the Confluence Gallery in Twisp, WA. The show will open on October 2 and will run through November 13.
Let’s honor our air element and the winds that circulate around us. We imagine a show of transition, alteration, things moved by the wind – trees, leaves, and clouds; fire and smoke; kites and hot-air balloons; even rain and snow, migrating and soaring birds, and wind-blown people. We envision depictions of the unseen air, the very breath we breathe – the elemental qualities that make their power known through their effects on other things.
Number of pieces to submit: 3 medium to large works; up to 6 small works.
Here are the rules – each piece must be:
– Your own original work.
– Available for sale.
– Created in the last 3 years.
– Never previously shown in the Methow Valley area.
– Any Size.
– Any Medium.
– Two- or three-dimensional.
– Ready for hanging with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (works without hanging hardware will not be hung).
Please note: the curator(s) have the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show. We are looking for high-quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
– Intent to Submit and digital samples of work or website by July 2 (email to email@example.com).
– Image jpgs of accepted work or work in progress by September 2 (email to firstname.lastname@example.org) 300 dpi jpg format for promotional materials.
– Inventory sheet by September 25 (email to email@example.com).
– Completed works, Confluence Gallery contract, Artist Statement, and Bio by September 25.
– Show Opens October 2. All artists are encouraged to attend.
– Show Closes November 13. Work will be available for pick up after 3 pm.
The Confluence Gallery is a non-profit gallery. All shipping costs to and from the gallery of unsold works are each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures form for details.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Confluence Gallery at (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheryl Wrangle and Marcy Stamper