Storefronts Program / Calls & Submissions
Storefronts provides temporary, no-cost, street-facing display space in Seattle and Bellevue for installation of 2-D or 3-D artwork. The art work is presented in a locked storefront or display vitrine and is viewed, through windows, for a period of up to six months.
- Program Requirements:
- Works shall be existing or new works created for temporary installation.
- All visual media are accepted.
- Content must be G-Rated and suitable for the general public
- All materials and consumables required for installations are the responsibility of the artist. This includes hanging hardware, temporary walls, tools, ladders, and any other materials that are required to safely and completely install the artwork.
- Artists are responsible for producing and maintaining high-quality work for the duration of the installation, and will be asked to provide repair on request.
- One application per artist or arts group
The selection panel is seeking high quality, flexible, and dynamic installations that utilize display windows to their fullest potential and engage with the general public both day and night. In support of Shunpike’s commitment to achieving greater Racial Equity across the independent arts sector, submissions from artists of color are particularly encouraged.
Stipend: $500, with no allocation for travel or materials expenses.
Eligibility: Washington State residents over 18 years of age, creating original works, who have not shown work in South Lake Union for Storefronts 2018 or Storefronts 2019.
Deadline: August 1st, 2019. Please note that there is no fee for Early-Bird applications submitted by June 30th. From July 1st – August 1st there will be a $25 fee for submissions.
Materials required for submission include:
- $25 application fee (unless within Early Bird window)
- Artist Bio, 400 words or less
- Artist Statement, 400 words or less
- 4-6 representative work samples with related work list
- Project Proposal, including:
- Brief conceptual statement, 400 words or less
- Detailed technical and space requirements
- Budget and source of funding (proposals may be self-funded)
- Timeline required to prepare your project from date of notification– 2 months or less is preferred
- Mock-up, sketch, or detailed written description of the project in a hypothetical space