Studio Lab Technician at UPS / Employment
November 22, 2023
Organization Name: University of Puget Sound
Organization Location: Tacoma, WA
The University of Puget Sound is hiring a Studio Art Lab Technician to join the Department of Art and Art History! The Studio Art Lab Technician for the Department of Art and Art History is responsible for maintaining studio art facilities, tools, furniture, and equipment in the Ceramics Building, Sculpture Building, and Kittredge Hall. The Studio Art Lab Technician also inventories, orders, and organizes materials, equipment, and tools integral to the studio art program, manages student assistants, and coordinates projects with Facilities Services and outside contractors—including disposing of waste in accordance with the latest environmental health and safety requirements.
This position is:
• Part-time (0.5 FTE)
• Relevant Schedule information (M-F 8:30 to 1:00pm or M-Th 9:00am to 3:00pm)
All candidates must complete an application through our official website for consideration.
View a full job description and apply today through our University website for Staff Employment!
This position will be able to take advantage of Puget Sound’s generous benefits package, including:
• Medical, dental, and vision
• Retirement plan options and 403(b) contributions
• Paid vacation, floating holiday, and campus bonus holidays
• Education benefits, such as full tuition for eligible employees and their families
• Access to university facilities and entertainment (fitness center, pool, library, concerts, lectures, and more!)
-Positions that work less than .75 FTE (1,560 hours per year) do not qualify for long-term disability or education benefits.
-Positions that work less than .50 FTE (1,040 hours per year) will accrue paid sick leave but are not eligible for additional benefits.
-Temporary positions that work at least .50 FTE (1,040 hours per year) will be eligible for benefits.
To be considered for this role, a candidate must have:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; studio art or relevant experience preferred;
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks;
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds;
• Experience working as a studio or shop tech, studio assistant, or equivalent experience preferred;
• Experience maintaining and repairing electric and gas kilns.
• An ability to respectfully work, communicate, and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
Compensation and Benefits:
• The pay range for this position is $21 to $23 per hour. Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate’s education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
• This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
• For more information on Puget Sound’s non-exempt staff benefits package, visit: https://www.pugetsound.edu/sites/default/files/2023-02/2023BenefitsforNon-ExemptStaff.docx.pdf
• For the Campus Holiday and Bonus Day Schedule, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/human-resources.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of all required background screenings and, if applicable for the position, a drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
About Puget Sound:
Puget Sound is a national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington. To learn more about the university, visit “About Puget Sound” on the university’s website (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about).
• We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
• We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
• We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
EmploymentFree To ApplyPTETacoma