“Superfine!” Art Fair 2020 / Calls & Submissions
January 6, 2020
Organization Name: Superfine! Art Fair
Organization Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Calls & Submissions
Artists: there’s a better way.
Level up your career. Learn how to build sales and a collector list from our marketing experts. Curate to sell with our friendly guidelines, and meet your next collector in our hip DTLA location just blocks from the LA Art Show, the country’s highest-attended art fair.
Location: The Reef, 1933 S. Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Fair dates: February 6 – 9, 2020
Application Deadline: January 6, 2020. Booths are selling quickly, so we recommend applying early!
A whole year of exhibitions in one weekend.
– 6-10,000 motivated, art-hungry visitors during the four days of the fair.
– 25% of our visitors make a significant ($100-$2,500+) art purchase.
– More than 50% of our exhibiting artists receive major media coverage.
Make art. Sell art. We do the rest.
– Meet your next collectors in a friendly, welcoming space: the ideal environment to discover, collect, and sell art.
– Innovative cost-saving and cost-spreading financing options that work with every artist’s budget to make exhibiting and selling a reality.
– Serious opportunities for features in Superfine!’s earned (press + PR), owned (website, blog, and social), and paid (advertising) media.
Note: Superfine! takes no commission on any artwork sold either in person at the fair or via our online E-Fair.
You’re the art-making expert. We’re the art-marketing experts.
– The smartest and most sophisticated marketing engine in the industry: we get the eyes you want in front of your work. Our audience is 26-45, affluent ($120k+/year), and buying art now.
– We’re top drawer: a professional, courteous, and knowledgeable team of experts guiding you every step of the way. Exhibit and sell your work, and gain champions of your career.
– Lead-up webinars and curatorial guidelines geared towards success. Take what you learn with you and make it work for you year-round.
Get to Know Us
Founded by art collectors Alex Mitow and James Miille, Superfine! started out in 2015 as an alternative to boring, stuffy art shows and complicated art world politics. From the start, we caught flack from the art establishment when we broke down barriers and opened the gates to everyone from serious long-time art collectors to people who just love art and never thought they’d collect.
As it turned out, nobody cared about the art world and their politics. Our open and transparent approach worked: imaginations have been sparked and countless new collections have been jump-started at Superfine! fairs as we continue to spread our message of a more inclusive art market across the country. Since 2015, we’ve had one goal: produce badass, expertly curated art shows where über-talented, diverse global artists meet their new fans in iconic locations across the US and beyond.
1) Can I share a booth with a friend?
Our 8′ and 12′ artist booths are intended for solo artists only, but our 16′ and 20′ booths can be shared by up to 3 artists. However, one person must be appointed as the booth representative for communication and payment purposes.
2) I’m a gallery, can I apply?
Superfine! is an artist-driven fair but we welcome progressive, forward-thinking galleries, collectives, and artist-run programs to apply. Each fair has a dedicated number (between 5 and 20) of larger booths ideal for galleries. Contact our sales team at email@example.com for more information about coming on board as a gallery.
3) Can I get a discount?
We do offer a 5% per-fair discount for booths paid in full upfront, within three business days of a signed application. If it’s immediate cash flow that’s a concern, we offer options to spread booth costs over as much as a year – just ask us!
4) Why did you choose DTLA?
Our beautiful, plug-and-play DTLA venue at The Reef is not only a three minute sprinter shuttle away from the LA Art Show but is surprisingly affordable. Founded by art fair veterans, The Reef cuts our production cost which allows us to dedicate considerably more resources (more than double the budget of other fairs) to marketing the fair and our artists. Our core demographic (affluent, 26-45, creative early adopters) is also very prevalent in the DTLA and adjacent neighborhoods (Echo Park, Silver Lake, Highland Park) and our targeted marketing brings them to the fair.