Temporary Collections Technician at the Henry Art Gallery / Employment
March 31, 2023
Organization Name: Henry Art Gallery
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
The primary purpose of the Temporary Collections Technician is to support the Curator of Collections and the collections team in their responsibilities pertaining to the management, preservation, and protection of the Henry Art Gallery’s permanent collection.
PAY RANGE: $20 – $22 per hour depending on experience
SCHEDULE: 15 hours per week, Thursday and Friday, through July 21st, 2023
REPORTS TO: Curator of Collections; this position works in close collaboration with the Curator of Collections and other members of the collections team
• Conduct safe art handling of collection objects
• Assist with packing of collection objects
• Assist with tracking object movement
• Assist with integrated pest management procedures
• Other collections related tasks as the need arises, and as they relate to the overall needs of the museum
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in museum storage and art handling
• Close attention to detail
• Working knowledge of collection management database (MIMSY) a plus.
• Strong communication skills
STATUS: Temporary Part-time, FLSA non-exempt, non-benefited
BENEFITS: This position is not eligible to participate in the Henry’s medical, dental, and vision insurance program. This position does not accrue vacation time or receive holiday credit hours.
The employee will have access to or receive:
• Sick leave accrued at a rate of 1 hour of sick leave per every 40 hours worked
• Paid holiday time during designated museum holiday closures that occur on days the employee is otherwise regularly scheduled to work
APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com, in one PDF if possible. Applications received by 3/31/23 will be reviewed first. No phone calls, please.
Diverse backgrounds make us stronger. We highly encourage Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ+, and individuals of all abilities to apply.
Please see website for complete details.
EmploymentFree To ApplyPTESeattle