The Healing Garden at The Confluence: Art in Twisp / Calls & Submissions
March 10, 2023
Organization Name: The Confluence: Art in Twisp
Organization Location: Twisp, WA
Type: Calls & Submissions
We invite you to contribute to our exhibit “The Healing Garden” at the Confluence Gallery Art in Twisp, WA. The show will run June 10 through July 15, 2023. When emailing the gallery at email@example.com about this show, you must include “The Healing Garden” in the subject line.
Healing gardens are found in many cultures all over the world. Their purpose is to allow a given space to be reflective and calm, promoting balance and harmony. In this show we invite the artist to consider utilizing at least one of the elements in Feng Shui theory; Water, Earth, Wind, Metal, Wood, Fire. Some examples can be (but are not limited to):
Water- vessel intended to hold water, fountains, rain chains, paintings depicting water, etc.
Earth-sculptures made of stone, ceramics, terracotta, stepping stones, planters, vases, etc.
Wind- as it passes through; mixed media assemblage, sculpture, kinetics (items in motion), etc.
Metal- garden gate, trellis, sculpture, bench, outdoor furniture, etc.
Wood-seating, arbor, gate, other outdoor furniture, etc.
Fire- fire pit, blown glass orb, mediums using fire in their production to create meditative items, etc.
Number of pieces to submit: 1 to 5.
Here are the rules- Each piece must be:
– Your own original work.
– Available for sale.
– Created in the last 3 years.
– Never previously shown at The Confluence Gallery.
– Any Size
– Mediums based on the Feng Shui aspects listed above.
– Ready for hanging/display with appropriate hardware/wire secured to work (2D works without hanging wire hardware will not be hung).
Please note the curator(s) have the right to refuse work, even after work is delivered to the gallery, if it does not contribute to the direction, cohesiveness, or available space of the show. We are looking for high quality execution and thoughtful content that contribute to the vision of the show as stated above.
– Intent to Submit and digital samples of work or website by MARCH 10 (email to
– Images (Jpeg preferred) of accepted work or work in progress by MAY 10 (email to
firstname.lastname@example.org) 300 dpi jpg format for promotional materials.
– Completed works, Inventory Form, Confluence Gallery Contract, Artist Statement, and Bio by
JUNE 3 at the latest.
– Show Opening: JUNE 10, 5-7PM
– Show Closes: JULY 15, 5pm. Work will be available for pick up Sunday July 16 or Monday July 17 from 10am-noon. Please contact gallery at email@example.com if other arrangements need to be made beyond those dates and times.
The Confluence is a non-profit gallery. All shipping costs to and from the gallery of unsold works is
each artist’s responsibility. See Confluence Gallery Shipping Procedures form for details at
www.confluencegallery.org/artists/call-to-artists-main-gallery . Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call The Confluence at (509) 997-2787 if you have any questions about the show or the requirements. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Theresa Miller, Curator
Joanne Marracci, Assistant Curator
Calls & SubmissionsFree To ApplyThemedTwisp