The Neon Museum’s Artist Residency / Residencies
June 17, 2022
Organization Name: The Neon Museum
Organization Location: Las Vegas, NV
Now in its seventh year, The Neon Museum’s Artist Residency (AIR) is designed to expand the interpretive potential of the museum collection. The selected artist will have the opportunity to develop a new body of work inspired by the museum’s historic sign collection and the broader cultural context of the spectacular city of Las Vegas. A community engagement project is an integral aspect of the residency, along with a culminating exhibition.
The 2022 residency program will introduce the selected artist to Las Vegas in a visit preceding the residency. They will be welcomed by the residency team who will facilitate cultural explorations and information gathering in support of the residency project.
The following is provided to artists accepted for participation in the museum’s AIR program:
• Honorarium $2,500
• Materials stipend up to $4,000
• Travel stipend
• Accommodation, studio space and per diem
• Four-week solo exhibition
• Access to the museum’s collection and archives
• Curatorial support
• Marketing and publicity
The selected artist will:
• Determine a week in September 2022 to visit Las Vegas and gather information in support of the residency project.
• Determine a six-week period between December 5, 2022 and February 24, 2023 to return to Las Vegas to complete the residency project.
• Deliver an artist talk.
• Present a community engagement project.
• Present a solo exhibition.
• Contribute a mutually agreed upon artwork to The Neon Museum collection.
U.S.-based artists over the age of 18 are eligible to apply.
For any questions please contact: email@example.com