Ticketing Operations Coordinator / Employment
April 30, 2022
Organization Name: MoPOP
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Sales Manager, this role will support the day-to-day ticket operations for MoPOP and help implement sales strategies for the admissions team. The person is responsible for efficiently and effectively setting up all necessary operational functions in the ticket platform as well as developing and producing necessary reports for tracking ticketing trends. This role will act as an internal customer service rep to all departments in relation to ticketing needs. They will also support the Sr. Sales Manager with additional reporting, data entry, and analysis functions.
Essential Job Duties (additional duties as assigned):
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining all MoPOP ticketing products in the ticket platform and coordinating with all departments to provide an outstanding guest experience for all constituents.
• Responsible for creating price rules and discounts for ticketing partners and marketing promotions and help support the ticket partner relationships.
• Responsible for coordinating training for all Visitor Services and Box Office staff on ticketing operations and creating and maintaining the ticket operations manual.
• Coordinate with Marketing team to launch online ticket sales and promotions.
• Assisting Sr. Manager of Sales and Finance department with reconciliation projects
• Support Visitor Service and Box Office teams with guest service-related troubleshooting, investigation, and processing exchanges and refunds.
• Support other Sales teams, such as Group Sales and Sponsorships, with the set-up and maintenance of team-specific ticket products.
• Work with IT department on POS and CRM-related projects and updates to ensure smooth and consistent operation.
• Work with Finance department to ensure sales from all products are correctly mapped to the general ledger and assist with audit-related tasks
• Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
• Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
• Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
• Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
Key Skills and Traits Required
• Passionate about pop culture, connecting and inspiring communities through shared intentional, high-quality core value-based experiences, and working in an organization focused on building a healthy internal culture of empowered collaborators.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, unique environment.
• Values being highly organized, and detail-focused with the ability to multi-task on multiple workstreams and projects with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
• Innovative self-starter with demonstrated initiative and flexibility in past roles.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people.
• Ability to think critically and creatively, ask questions, contribute ideas, and actively listen to and fairly consider others.
• Available to work a flexible schedule both onsite and remote, and willing to work some nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to problem solve.
Preferred Qualifications (Education/Experience/Certifications)
• Experience working in front-line guest service and/or box office.
• Experience working with POS and CRM systems.
• Ability to learn/become proficient in operating Tessitura POS and CRM.
• Experience in sales and/or marketing.
• Museum and/or non-profit experience a plus.
Tools and Systems
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Experience with Tessitura or similar POS and CRM platforms a plus.
• Experience working with project management platforms such as Wrike a plus.
• Experience with data analytics platforms such as Tableau or PowerPivot a plus
• Familiar with using virtual meeting and collaboration platforms such as Teams and Zoom.
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package which will be shared during the hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request, please contact HR@MoPOP.org.