Venue Experiences Coordinator / Employment
August 31, 2022
Organization Name: MoPOP
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
We’re really glad you’re thinking about joining the team at MoPOP! We believe pop culture is a universal language capable of building connections across a range of people, no matter our differences in race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, ability, education, socio-economic status, ethnicity, country of origin, or any other characteristic that makes us who we are. For more than twenty years, we have been showcasing how music, film, fashion, video games, sports, and more spark those connections and create a lasting cultural impact.
MoPOP provides both a physical space and an emotional and intellectual opportunity for people from any background to explore, find and build community, and recognize their own creative potential. This applies not only to our guests, but also to our staff — be it in designing an educational program to engage the next generation of creators, trying to reach a new audience with a marketing initiative, preserving an artifact in our collection, or providing excellent customer service to a visitor. If this sounds like something you’d be into, we’d love to hear from you!
MoPOP’s Mission and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
Our mission is to make creative expression a life-changing force by offering experiences that inspire and connect our communities. A nonprofit grounded in five core values — open arms, creative exchanges, light bulb moments, pursuing excellence, and excitement — MoPOP is actively committed to ongoing learning in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). In partnership with our community, we hope to also develop safe spaces for their application. This includes taking steps to continue increasing our awareness of institutional “-isms,” as well as uncovering and undoing the ways they show up in museum culture. We recognize this is a process that requires intentionality, energy, and resources, and we are developing a DEIA framework that can cultivate a work environment and museum experience that is truly welcoming for all.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables us to better meet our mission and encourage BIPOC, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals to apply. We acknowledge that our work to build safe spaces and better systems for traditionally marginalized groups is ongoing and will require constant vigilance and expect all MoPOP employees to be part of our DEIA journey.
The Venue Experiences Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be supporting inbound sales for custom events at MoPOP with effective input and utilization of CRM data and database (EventPro). In addition, this person will support the Sr. Manager of Venue Experiences with planning large scale events, contract development, and overall client services.
Essential Job Duties (other duties as assigned):
• Assist with and lead event prospects, including site visits and sales calls.
• Process and respond to all inbound inquiries.
• Develop and prepare proposals and information on events for potential clients.
• Create and process contracts and ensure that all event files have a fully executed contract. Monitor payment and proof of insurance, including updating the organization’s event CRM platform, Contracted Business Report and other resources.
• Manage the event CRM platform efficiently and accurately, including the input of all client and prospect information and pulling reports.
• Communicate effectively with catering partner and Finance department to ensure MoPOP & client’s requirements are met.
• Assist with implementation of marketing to potential clients, including client events and outreach.
• Build client relationships and generate sales by participating in outside vendor and industry activities.
• Ensure an efficient, cost-effective operation by working with internal teams assigned to an event.
• Build and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and industry professionals while representing MoPOP in a positive manner.
• Assist with, and lead where applicable, client follow-up communication post-event, including thank-you acknowledgments and event surveys.
• Solicit quotes from third-party vendors as needed.
• Maintain clear communication with Sr. Manager regarding client special requests.
• Assist MoPOP’s Sales and Service team as needed with ad hoc projects.
• Support our internal culture which inspires and empowers our staff to live our mission to its highest standards.
• Contribute to a consistent customer service standard across all departments.
• Work to ensure customer service is ingrained at the core of the team and is reflected outward to our guests and other staff.
• Commitment to participating in anti-racism work, learning about the ways institutional racism impacts the workplace, and supporting teammates in operationalizing DEIA strategies in the department.
• Have experience in event planning, sales, coordination and/or production, preferably in the arts, entertainment, or hospitality fields.
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service for internal and external client groups.
• Willing and able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as determined by business volume.
• Ability to work independently on projects and proactively seeks clarification when needed.
• Ability to manage and execute multiple projects with varying timelines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills to manage a continuous workflow in a high volume, multi-tasking environment.
• Willing and able to transport themselves to client meetings and sales calls off-site as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a dynamic range of people.
• Education or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Communication, Hospitality, or related field
• Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, etc.).
• Experience with EventPro or other CRM-style platforms as well as mapping systems (CAD, CAD Planners, etc) preferred.
This full-time position includes a generous benefits package that will be shared during the hiring process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made during the application or hiring process upon request, please contact jobs@MoPOP.org.