Winter Festival Coordinator for The PNA / Employment
May 15, 2023
Organization Name: Phinney Neighborhood Association
Organization Location: Seattle, WA
The PNA’s Winter Festival & Crafts Fair is a two-day event held annually on the first weekend in December. It features 100+ artists and makers, 4,000+ shoppers, local musical artists performing on two stages, and food. The Winter Festival Coordinator oversees several key facets of this event, including vendor recruitment and selection, event planning, communication with stakeholders, and event operations. Additionally, the Winter Festival Coordinator will work with PNA staff to create and execute an event marketing plan, secure sponsors, and manage volunteers, and more. This position reports to the Community Projects Manager and is supported by the Community Programs and Development teams.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
– Creating a vendor application and recruiting potential vendors
– Assembling a committee of community members, local business leaders, and arts professionals to select applicants and provide strategic vision for the event
– Assigning booths and collecting fees for accepted vendors
– Recruiting and contracting musical artists and other performers
– Working with the Marketing & Communications Team to plan and execute a marketing plan, including website, email, social media, print, and paid media promotion
– Working with the Development Team to secure event sponsors
– Working with the Volunteer Programs Manager to define volunteer positions and direct the work of volunteers
– Working with the Community Projects Manager to plan all aspects of event operations
– Working with PNA staff to gather and report data, including preparing an event evaluation for vendors
– Owning event budget
– Other duties as assigned
– Minimum 2 years of event planning experience, including experience with events for 2,000+ participants. Experience with arts and culture events preferred.
– Extremely organized with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, multitask, and improvise
– Strong project management, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Team oriented approach and passion for working with others
– High level of computer literacy, including with Microsoft 365. Knowledge of Salesforce and Greater Giving a plus.
– Experience managing budgets in excess of $50,000
– Ability to pass national criminal background check
This is a term-limited independent contractor position. The contract begins on a mutually agreed upon date in early-June and concludes in mid-December. Hours may vary between 5 and 40+ hours per week. Compensation is between $8,000 and $10,000 depending on qualifications. The contractor is responsible for paying all applicable taxes.
EmploymentFree To ApplyFTESeattle